Feature request: Air/Water Intakes & Hose/Flexible-Tube stations

Two features/buildings I'd like to see:

Intakes

Right now you have to place a water or air pump directly into whatever gas/liquid you want to move.

Can we instead build intakes which are connected to the pump and draw gas/liquid from afar?
We wouldn't even need new building blocks - we can use the existing vents as inlets and let the connection to the pump determine in which direction the flow goes.

The pumps themselfes would need an optional in-connector and would work as they do right now if no plumbing is connected.

Hose/Flexible tube stations

Personally, if I had to pump sewage or unbreathable gases, I wouldn't jump into the stuff and build the pump right there: I'd lower a hose or a flexible tube into the fluid and let the pump to the rest.

You could either build something akin to the base water pump, or you could build a station where you can cue hose/tube segments which will be built downwards if space permits.

Cheers!

This would be a pretty large amount of effort to put in the game, for a very small improvement. You can already mitigate the risk of germs, toxic gas, etc, with the things in the game. Using airlock doors, waterlocks, and hand-washing stations, you can mitigate these dangers.

Plus pumps have a bit of reach and do not require being ON ground, so you can build them into the top of the water tank, and just rebuild as the water level lowers, similar effect to what you describe, its what I do now before getting exosuits up and running.

Archived