Clearing the conveyor belt?

2 hours ago, Moggles said:

I'm at work so I can't test this but someone else might know. Does adding a bridge to the disconnected end flush the system in to an outbox? The same way gas and liquid pipes can be flushed?

Nope. There are no such option for me to choose to filter out the conveyor belt option....

3 hours ago, qthk said:

Nope. There are no such option for me to choose to filter out the conveyor belt option....

I just got home and tried what I was suggesting. It does work like liquid and gas pipes in that you can clear the lines by using a bridge to push the remaining contents out.

Here's how it works. Disconnect the rail and attach a conveyor bridge to the lose end. The rail contents will be pushed along as long as you have container space for the material to be output into.

image.thumb.png.6db3d5b95f614c309efb77b4a70eeaed.png

Clearing is still the biggest problem. I can fill the inbox moving items to outbox but nobody removes the coming items from there. Even if there is an container besides of it. 

It's an stupid idea if this system could only be filled and maybe empty by this moving arms and not by the dupes iteself. Building up 2 containers, inbox, outbox and 2 moving arms for filling and empty does not make the system running like it should. I still think a half automation should be possible too for this system filled and empty by dupes and only the moving between working per automation..

That's my thougs about this system.

Archived