Is it possible to move the Antlion's spawn location?

I have an Antlion problem. I was just gonna kill it after I got my desert goggles, but when I returned to my WIP base... I found this:

20180123145722_1.thumb.jpg.040d6cc5883f2cc7e306158a07a90bca.jpg

If I attempted to kill the Antlion right now then it would just smash all my chests (and walls in the future). So having it directly next to my base like this is going to be a bit problem each summer.

There's no way to move it legitimately. However, from the looks of your screenshot, it doesn't seem like you've got too big of a base yet. The chests might be a bit of a pain to move*, but I'd suggest packing up and relocating to a different section of the desert.

I'd also recommend placing down some non-desert turf directly around where the Antlion is, so that you know where she is when you build the rest of your base.

*Train cases are the best chest skin btw, I approve.

18 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

There's no way to move it legitimately.

I never said I was looking to move it legitimately now did I? :wilson_wink:

What I'm wondering is if I were to delete it, and spawn a new one somewhere else, will it respawn at the old location or new one each summer? Guess I should have asked that in the OP huh?

The Antlion's spawner is like any other prefab, so I imagine you could delete it and do c_spawn("antlion_spawner") somewhere else.

Just deleting the Antlion won't work, you'll have to delete the spawner too.

16 minutes ago, clri said:

The Antlion's spawner is like any other prefab, so I imagine you could delete it and do c_spawn("antlion_spawner") somewhere else.

Just deleting the Antlion won't work, you'll have to delete the spawner too.

That's gonna be tricky deleting something invisible like that. I won't be able to tell if it was successfully removed or not. But I'll give it a shot anyway. Thanks!

You can try using

c_find("antlion_spawner"):remove()

to delete the spawner, and

c_countprefabs("antlion_spawner")

To check how many are in your word (after a succesful delete it should go down from 1 to 0), so afterwards you can spawn a new one in using

c_spawn("antlion_spawner")

(As you've probably guessed by now).

Make sure you always do a Backup in advance before you start messing with commands in your world though.

Archived