Project Eden Episode 3. Clean oxygen for 3 dupplicants (and enough to spare), No water input.

Part 3 in a series where i try to build a closed of 100% sustainable base with no input from external sources. I have now solved one of the steps. Cleaning enough polluted oxygen per second without using water to support 3 duplicants. Actually for a lot more than that.

IMPORTANT: I say something wrong in the end of the video. I can not use slime for polluted oxygen since slime will loose mass and convert to polluted oxygen, so no net gain.

Same for polluted dirt (but polluted dirt is possible to produce from other means so it can give a net gain of polluted oxygen)

Here is the video:

@Ketmol Couple tips for getting the polluted ox you need morbs are by far the best but they can be better and less cpu intensive slap a pneumatic door in you’re morb pit and all the morbs will get stuck in it witch causes them to produce loads more and you don’t have to use a pneumatic door though as long as you confine the morbs to one tile space they will produce better.Also polluted water losses it’s mass and bubbles polluted oxygen it’s not very useful but it’s another way to get it.

Actually, I would argue that bubbling polluted water is very useful if you compress it.  If you take a large amount of polluted water and compress it to a tile, you can create a ton polluted oxygen.  The image is an example of my system.  Keep in mind that this does not work symmetrically and if you reflect it horizontally, it will not work.  It is based on the fact that water on the corner blocks flow if the corner is up-right, but does not block if it is up-left.  I created it in debug mode, but I have created schemes like it in game with my dupes.  I should note that the damage on the tiles happened during construction and as stopped. 

The idea is that the polluted water can not go up, as there is polluted o2 and hydrogen directly above it that can not be compressed.  The water flows from the upper reservoir down through the gases and adds to the polluted water below.  If you put a liquid vent or a polluted water source above, it all drains in to the one tile, which can then evaporate massive amounts of polluted O2.  The polluted o2 then flows from the tile above the polluted water to the chamber to the left, where you can do whatever you want with it.

4E03D2C12CC6B46A68AFE98DA1F40BF9CFCFD9D3

Archived