Nat Gas Gen Automation Hysteresis

I have a set of four natural gas generators, three of which are connected to automation to cycle them on/off as needed. For some reason, two of those three are fine, and the third one alternates between running and "Disabled by automation grid" about once per second while the automation wire is active. I can't see any reason for this behavior, since they're all on the same wire, and have plenty of NG, and plenty of space to vent CO2.

Anyone seen this before?

https://youtu.be/RGMdaZOwhMI

"Disabled by automation grid" is wrongly shown whenever the building fails to work for other reasons.

In your case, the actual problem is "Not pumping" - natgas generator output is not empty. It must be empty, the generator can't add CO2 to a packet in the pipe directly.

22 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

"Disabled by automation grid" is wrongly shown whenever the building fails to work for other reasons.

In your case, the actual problem is "Not pumping" - natgas generator output is not empty. It must be empty, the generator can't add CO2 to a packet in the pipe directly.

Yeah, that was it... I moved the exhaust output pipe connection to one tile right and it started working. Before it was only merging every other tick, now it's doing it every time. Strange because the generator just below it has exactly the same connection to the exhaust. Only difference is left to right flow on the bottom, and right to left on the top (and the bottom generator is merging into a pipe with 82.5g CO2, and 165 on top).

Archived