Circuit overload on Heavi-Watt

Hey everyone!

I got the game a couple of days ago and I've been greatly impressed with the depth of technical details it goes into. This is the first game which allowed me to troubleshoot issues with the power grid. :)

This brings me to a question: tell me if I'm doing something wrong or is this some kind of a bug. I've been reading and looking at the screenshots past two days and I can't figure out what's wrong. My Heavi Watt wires keep overloading, even though I have no regular wires connected to them, I made the circuit as simple as possible, removed any bridges and still no luck. Also, for some reason the circuit status is showing as x kW / 0 kW . Take a look at the screenshot and let me know if I'm going crazy or is there really something messed up here.

Thanks!

20180102225028_1.jpg

It looks like you've got a small section of regular wire connecting the left coal gen to the heavy-watt wire.

Wire blocks in ONI are only as strong as their weakest link, so that's enough to cause overloads over 1kW.

Edit: The 1.03 kW / 0 kW tells you that there's 1.03 kW of load carried by the HW wire block, but 0 kW of your total potential consumers are on the HW wire block itself (ie: it's all on subgrids).

2 minutes ago, Vim Razz said:

It looks like you've got a small section of regular wire connecting the left coal gen to the heavy-watt wire.

Wire blocks in ONI are only as strong as their weakest link, so that's enough to cause overloads over 1kW.

Actually on both coal generators. Deconstruct the wire at the power plug and replace it with heavi-watt cable. 

Ok, those were two separate things, which I thought were connected. The problem was that there were thin wires connected to the generator, which made it overload above 1 kW, but the yellow color, which incidentally, also came up above 1 kW, was related to the fact that I was making only 1200 kW with those two generators. I removed the thin wires, added another generator and got rid of the problem.

Thanks! :)

Also, awesome game!

15 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Yellow means strained. As in functioning normally but consumption exceeds production. Only flashing yellow means overloaded.

ah, i haven't know about that. thx for the info. this game has a lot of information that is hidden for no reason, i guess that is why you go to the forums :v

25 minutes ago, Wolfcream23 said:

ah, i haven't know about that. thx for the info. this game has a lot of information that is hidden for no reason, i guess that is why you go to the forums :v

Yeah, I wish the information by UI was a lot more logical and helpful to new and experienced players alike.

Archived