Way to disconnect pipes and wires from other pipes and wires without destroying them?

Updating systems, making slight mistakes, accidentally clicking and dragging, there are many ways that pipes and wires can get connected in ways you don't want them to, but there are NO ways to disconnect them without destroying them, and potentially spilling out their contents. So I suggest a click-and-drag-thing ( I can't think of the word for it, right now) where every pipe and/or wire highlighted is reduced to their dot form, keeping the gasses and liquids inside the pipes, allowing them to EASILY be reconnected in the ways we want them to, instead of having to wait for the duplicants to destroy parts, wait for them to rebuild parts, and all the other mess that comes about

It shouldn't reduce to dot state but cut connection between dragged elements.

Example:

P1---P2---P3---P4---P5

If we drag from P2 to P3 (or vice versa) we disconnect them but rest connections remains:

P1---P2   P3---P4---P5

If we drag from P2 to P4 we will get P3 in dot state:

P1---P2   P3   P4---P5

It could be achieved by adding hold key to enable disconnecting feature. Drag from P1 to P2 to connect them. Hold key and drag from P1 to P2 to disconnect them.

16 hours ago, Neotix said:

It shouldn't reduce to dot state but cut connection between dragged elements.

That would be a lot better, but more complicated in terms of the programming, and has a lot more that can go wrong along with it, especially in complex configurations with multiple sections larger than 1x2 that need to be altered... but either way, I was just asking for the simplest solution to the problem, and if they do anything about it at all, I'll be happy

Archived