Balms and chlorine gas

I've had balm lillies in an area with a finite amount of chlorine for over 100 cycles and sealed the chlorine in and all the chlorine is still there as far as I can tell.  Could the chlorine have leaked out of the room in some other way?  A picture of the room would be nice.

If it was leaking out I would have thought I should at least be able to find it pocketed nearby but I can't account for it at all.  There's still some grams of of chlorine in there and a some traces of carbon dioxide from before I started using an exosuit for the area.  :confused:

nochlorine.jpg

10 hours ago, The Flying Fox said:

Looking at the picture, I'd assume it's your quad-air-lock door.  That particular setup of air-locks is good for separating to different areas because the center doors will destroy any gases trapped within them.

You know that's probably what's going on then.  I didn't even consider that gases could be destroyed by doors.  Thanks for pointing that out!

19 minutes ago, Kermack said:

You know that's probably what's going on then.  I didn't even consider that gases could be destroyed by doors.  Thanks for pointing that out!

You're welcome.  Mechanized Airlocks in 2 or more doors can be pretty good at destroying gases for sure because of how fast they work.  Manual airlocks will also do it, but not as readily because of how slow they function but, for the most part, that quad setup will definitely do it as it traps gases in the center and when the center doors shut, the gases are destroyed because they have no where to go.  If you don't care too much about the gases and can replenish them, it's pretty much the easiest design to go with that works most of the time.

And, if you're crafty enough, with automation, they can even thermally separate the two rooms pretty well, as long as the traffic is light enough.  The second buffer gate needs to be shorter then the first.  In this design, the center doors stay open most of the time and only briefly slam shut after a certain amount of time has past since a dupe last walked on a pressure plate.  Any gases that were inside get destroyed and because the center doors remain open, they don't transfer heat.

Quadairlockauto1.thumb.png.3df93bf02fbfd3a747cf07c03343fefd.png

Quadairlockauto2.thumb.png.b431ee9437fe1b9bb9b994d7515cdc93.png

Quadairlockauto3.thumb.png.72f449e26c359969b4e31a9e711d1d49.png

Archived