how to save dupes? (slime in lungs)

i yet already 10 times read day 129 for to see how my dupe is dying on the 130 morning. :( 

his immunity is 77. he eat placebo and chewing vitamins. and i have in my colony doctor 7 lvl. how it can be?  why this ******* dies? 

he died at 130 morning. i think there is no random numbers generator in the game... pity. 

i read - he died at 130 morning. 

and how i may/can command him to submit bed regime? i mean he must eat and poo and eat vitamins - it's ok. but how to command him not to run too far? chewing vitamins is near him - but he run to pick up and eat dropped vitamins on the many levels down from him - exactly. 

his roster-list is clean. he has to recover but not gad anywhere

is he not a moron? moron..

did i say moron? no - he is a MORON!!!

please - help me save this stupid moron.

this coward can not die. because he need me :) Athletics 25 - not a bad? and i thinks so. 

2 hours ago, RamVivat said:

and how i may/can command him to submit bed regime? i mean he must eat and poo and eat vitamins - it's ok. but how to command him not to run too far? chewing vitamins is near him - but he run to pick up and eat dropped vitamins on the many levels down from him - exactly.

Use door access permissions to limit where the infected dupe can move.

3 hours ago, RamVivat said:

i yet already 10 times read day 129 for to see how my dupe is dying on the 130 morning. :( 

his immunity is 77. he eat placebo and chewing vitamins. and i have in my colony doctor 7 lvl. how it can be?  why this ******* dies? 

he died at 130 morning. i think there is no random numbers generator in the game... pity. 

i read - he died at 130 morning. 

his roster-list is clean. he has to recover but not gad anywhere

is he not a moron? moron..

did i say moron? no - he is a MORON!!!

please - help me save this stupid moron.

this coward can not die. because he need me :) Athletics 25 - not a bad? and i thinks so. 

Well first of all, if you have come to this point you let it spiral out of control already. Dear Otto, or whatever his name is, had a short but hard life in the colony bowels, having to dig out slime all day long in germ infested polluted oxygen. His invisible overlord was a tyrant and poor Otto's death will inspire the other dupes to revolt :p.

As somebody mentioned, make sure access to slimelung areas goes through doors. If a dupe gets sick, select all doors leading to the slimelung areas, click the sick dupe and only allow pasage back to the clean areas. That way the dupe cannot catch more slimelung. Let the slimelung drop below 50,000 and make sure the dupe's immunity is back at 100% before lifting the restrictions.

Next, please PLEASE invest time and resources into a med bay as soon as possible! If the dupe's immunity reaches 0%, you'll want that med bay! A good med bay consists out of 2 med beds, 2 mesh tables, a lavatory and sink, and a ration box put at priority 9 and limited to 2-4kg of food. Your level 7 doctor is useless if Otto does not have a proper med bay.

Finally, prevent slimelung from spreading. It's actually very easy to do if you follow a few ground rules:

-When going into slimelung areas, build a couple of deodorizers. This will quickly convert polluted oxygen into normal oxygen and kill off slimelung in the air.

-Normal resources infested with slimelung can savely be stored in compactors inside normal oxygen. This will kill off the germs quite fast. However, resources like polluted dirt or slime, things that produce polluted oxygen, have to be handled more carefully and always be stored in sealed off areas, preferable in an area filled with chlorine. Always put a deodorizer next to these containers. Make sure you have separate containers for normal materials and for polluted materials.

ok i will make snake-pass trough chlorine area. i will build some rooms of that type. 

but what about now? that dupe have no any chanse to save from desease at all?

pity... this game need random factor!

because secret weapon of all times is load\save. :)

and about spiral - tantrum ;)?

but I, honestly, won't understand how it can be that the character(let his name is Bill) with an immunity indicator in 77 percent (it is possible to consider him almost recovered) has suddenly died while his companion with 15 percent of immunity (let's his name is Shawn) still still struggles with a disease. 
on skin of Bill after walks on "chloric halls" there is no microbe left, and he has died. 
truly, strange things are created in ours "the Danish kingdom"... truly strange!. unclear and therefore suspicious.

i go Bill into clean room where no germs - and he died. 

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 5:14 AM, Kabrute said:

In dupe details it tells you sickness infection Slimelung  :  Numbers    then Death   1.1 cycles or some such. 

Are you using Pharma Chamber?

This.

Slimelung will kill a dupe in 10 cycles, I guess you realized it too late at this point.

Now to build the sacred Tasteful Memorial :(

Archived