Volt Goats

So I'm not a pro player (still having problems while in ruins) but I'm also not a noob (can survive a whole year, defeat Antlion and Bee Queen). 

I've watched a video on yt a while ago about how to move volt goats in dst.

Spoiler

And my story went something like this:

So I've killed all but 1 volt goats and started to move the last one step by step just like you should. But what happened is that the volt goat started to move on it's own in the direction that i ,,wanted". It ended up creating a heard in the rocky biom and I'm pretty sure that when I kill some of them the rest moves away so they are getting deeper and deeper into rocky biom. 

Then I realized that I've "deleted" a volt goat herd (now it's "glitched" and not in desert) so I've spawned a SINGLE volt goat. It's my third summer and when i checked if the goat produced a heard there were so many volt goats it seemed like a second heard appeared. So i separated 2 heards and repeated what I did at the begining- left one heard untouched and other killed with last goat left alive. I've satrted to move that goat away from the second heard. It seemed like I was doing everything Ok cuz a second goat apeared. But now what's happening is that they roam whole desert free.

Spoiler

86e0468787692ea24cc3f22609745490.png

They even arrived at my base

So here are my questions:
-Maximum amount of goats single heard can have
-The size of a "home" volt goats can roam in
-Does world regen also regen volt goats?

Ps. My world can also be gliched as I don't have any catcoons even tho they're set to defeault

From my experience:

9 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-Maximum amount of goats single heard can have

A herd will try to cap at 6 at a certain range (20 units?) but you can get more than that if some goats decide to go out of the range when it decides to repopulate, normally ending up with 7-9.

-The size of a "home" volt goats can roam in

The herd will update to where most of the goats go, so they may eventually end up outside of the desert due to daytime wandering. It looks like they favour moving toward other herds (range-dependent) if not the "current direction" until reaching a boundary.

-Does world regen also regen volt goats?

No. Spawned goats should create a new herd if there aren't any herds nearby looking for members(?).

Archived