Transit tube access suggestion

I was very excited for this update and it didn't disappoint so first I'd like to say: job well done klei! ^^ 

But I did run into a small issue. You see I decided to use the tubular system as a way to not have to make air locks. Since I used water and the stress managing makes that slightly difficult. However at some times my dupes almost all went into one room, a farm, and had a lot of trouble getting back before choking to death.

I was wondering if it might be possible to have them function like the manual airlock in a way. That way you could designate a lower number of dupes to a room and they wouldn't suffocate because the transit tube isn't recharging fast enough. I checked and it's in no way because of insignificant power in my opinion. 

I would love to know what other people think of this. Thank you for reading.

Tubular Farm.jpg

I'd still have to either set up two exosuit rooms and separate the tubes or they'd still get stuck in those rooms, sure they wouldn't suffocate but they'd get sleep deprived because they can't get out in time. 

If I just had one room then I wouldn't be able to get them to other places to dig or build other things.

2 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Edit: to complicated, when i think of it..

Exactly, I tried several things like giving only a few dupes harvest and delivery(fertilizing) jobs but it keeps coming down to the same thing. It either gets overly complicated or the efficiency becomes abominably low.

I figured that my suggestion was the easiest way to fix it but of course I'll keep trying other things they just most likely won't work as smoothly.

Archived