Could someone tutor me about perks and item modding?

So... Allow me to explain. I've been putting my hands into modding Don't Starve Together, and for the most part, it's been a success. I've been able to successfully implement the character in the game, edit the dialogue, and the portraits, thanks to Dleowolf's Character Template tutorial. But here is the part where things get complicated for me, I'm an artist and coding or programming is not my forte. I've tried getting my hands on it by downloading other character mods and disassemble them in order to understand how everything works, but to no avail, I just can't make it work. I tried looking at Mobbstar's and some posts here and there asking for help, but, no, I still can't get it right.

Basically, I'd like to know if someone could assist me in the modding or help me understand all of this, cuz it's just nonsense to me when I do it. I'll explain what basically my character is meant to do: 

1. Resist Cold better, due to fur. So basically, have some certain warmth during Winter, but needing extra cooling on Summer.
2. Lose Sanity when on Desert, Marsh and Rockyland biomes.
3. Be able to do simple tasks, such as Woodcutting, Mining and Fishing, faster.

In addition to that, I'd also like to add a custom item which would basically be a remodeled Winter Hat but with some extra warmth, that could be crafted and also expire.

I know I may be asking too much, but I seriously don't know how to do any of this. I have the satisfaction that the mod itself works in a visual level, but, I'd like the character to be more than just a visual, y'know?
Thanks in advance and sorry for the trouble.

Hmm a tutor? Guess i can do that if you meet a couple of conditions:

1. Have a steam account (easier file sharing) or a discord account with a dropbox (im sorry i dont like figuring out thirdparty software).

2. Patience and a view id not rather not discuss here... 

3. time and williness to learn

Other than that if ur interested message me for more information.

P.s i dont charge at all if you're in agreement with the third condition.