Endgame needed pleeeease :)

First on my endgame wishlist is that story content discussed earlier. Dupes stranded in an asteroid isn't great for motivation. I mean, the best way to play to solve that problem would be to never create more dupes. We are just making the situation worse when we do so.

Second would be a bit more of a journey to get to the top tiers of the tech tree and greater need for them when we get there.  Currently, I often find myself wanting higher level tech like deodorizers or  high  pressure vents right out of the gate yet I've never really needed an ore scrubber or automation. 

A possible solution would be to have different degrees of the same kind of problem. with some more stages along the tech tree.  I've controlled the germs my dupes run into so far with sinks and careful storage. Now what if, in the farther corners of the asteroid, there was some Space Ebola between me and something shiny. I would definitely need some ore scrubbers then, perhaps even a decontamination chamber for my dupes.   

Beyond that, I agree that being able to reach the surface (of wherever we are) would be great.

I guess after we play enough this game, there not much challenge after you figured out basic stuff to survive. Map dont give any threat, no season changing, no hazard which very dangerous beside slimelung, all seem bland. 

Compare to rimwolrd where there always random event which, at least the game keep the player active, finding solution, prioritize critical problem, changing routine depend on situation, althou some random event just seems hassle to some extent.

So in oni all just go as you plan, its about waiting game timer, nothing change your routine, everything just bland as you plan from first place. Any exprience player already can solve all bsic problem, for me its just ..... not engaging.... no incentive do X stuff or Y stuff because Z stuff is more simpler and result is same. I hope you guys understand what i mean, we need "variation" the spice up our exprience from this game. Beside we need more stuff to do, i prefer maximize we have now and continue afterward, if dev can give that "keep player busy" in entertaining way, this game surely will be best game of all simulation genre.

Personally, one thing I'd like to see for "end game" is getting the dupe printer reactivated so you can warp out.  Having it in the middle of your base as an ominous thing would be an ever present reminder of a goal.  And how would you get more dupes if that is disabled, well by exploring.

The ruins that are all over the asteroid have computers, lockers, and brains in tanks.  Why not dupes clones in stasis.  You need to explore to those ruins to find new dupes.  You need to power up the computer (running power wires to it) activate the program, and it will let you print out 1 of 3 dupe possibilities, then the stasis door opens, dupe fall out and the computer resets.  This can be done with a cooldown similar to the current printer, and a 1-4 amount of dupe stasis chambers.  More chambers the further out the ruins to the edge of the asteroid.  This would encourage people to go out and explore as fast as possible.

So think the first dupe ruin is just outside the green starting zone, there will be 1, maybe 2 dupe chambers, so you have only 2 dupes you could get.  you go in, power it up, choose a dupe, it falls out.  6 cycles later (or however long) you can now open the second chamber, and you don't like the options, so cancel those choices and the computer generates 3 more choices after the cooldown is done.  you choose one of those dupes, and the ruins go dark.

Now each computer you access has a brain jar in there, current to what we already have, when you power it up, it connects via a special cable you can build to the main printer in your base, once enough brains are connected, the printer opens and your dupes can escape.  You win the game!!  You can choose how hard you want it in the game settings menu at the start, much like you can choose dupe stress and germ levels.  Harder means more brains to connect.

Just a simple idea to give a goal for "end game"  not the best, and I'm sure Klei has a better idea, but forums are for fun ideas.

Well. I'm 1200h of playing this game and i haven't finished yet. For me,finishing ONI is creating a base that can autorun for eternity. A perfect balance, totally automated.

For now, when base fully build with my actual design, i can survive about 250 cycles with no player intervention, then heat regulation will unbalance the base. So i start again and again to improve the balance. Automation is a great and exciting update for that.

For me, player who want an end to the game don't understand the magnificence of balance rules in play here. For me, the only acceptable winning way would be to run your base 1000 cycles alone, with no player interaction at all, and then, if dupes always alive, end of game. Because in less than 500 cycles in a game you can't even see all the subtilities of the balance, especially heat

P.S : Sorry for my english, not main language

Archived