Creative mode

Support for mode in which whole map is visible and player can build and do anything on his own + duplicants should not be able to die. This would allow players to play more with the game mechanics and search for different solutions buildable then in "survival" (normal) mode (searching for perfect power, oxygen, heat solutions). I think this would allow players to be more creative. Instead now my opinion is most of they just play it safe and maybe get bored after a while not realizing how deep the game is actually well see another + serves as great game showcase / demonstration :)

Well yeah... But this is for debugging and not necessarly working. I really dont need developper rendering tests, profiler etc... Most building creative games have such mode and i feel it would be usefull + if most of stuff is available in some debug menu anyway it should not be huge problem to expose it to some creative UI autoenabled when you start "creative" map / mod. Thank you for your suggestion but i dont feel like it solves original suggestion

How does it not solve the suggestion? It does every single thing you want it to other than being an official feature. I'm just telling you how can you get creative mode right now, if you rather wait for an official feature then that's fine too...

I tried it and there are still few things i'am missing anyway. Like entity spawning (animals for example). And well no it does not solve my suggestion (but thank you for mentioning it). There is no creative mode. So my suggestion to add such mode persists, sure i can use more or less debug menu for some stuff but that does not mean it should stay like that. I'am just trying to point out possible wecomed addition for game not mentioning there is lot of people that just download game and play it. Those will not go on forum so they can discover debug mode (this is called self selection in statistics, basically says that men have to be either really pleased or really pissed off to spend his time writing posts and actually becoming part of community)

If you want to spawn things you need to use this

But yeah I agree that an official feature with everything included would be nice but now is not the time, maybe near release when there is less things to do. For now debug mode should be good enough and people who really care about creative mode usually care enough to find the forums or some place mentioning debug mode.

Like if you're a player who wants to use debug mode and try out stuff you will be the kind of player who will go out and find what other players are doing and dig deep into what you can do in the game. These kinds of people will no doubt find debug mode sooner or later.

Great, this one i did not know :)
You are definitelly right with lot of people going to search for more info eventally stumble over debug mode.

And i agree with not being time for it now. Its just me trying to get developers know that there is such "hole" to fill and then i hope that it will get eventually added one day :) (fingers crossed)

Archived