Klei we NEED a vote to kick function

Unipon

Please Klei, I'll admit levels doesn't really mean anything when it comes to completing the forge. That's why when I make semi-public servers(with the password in description), I won't just ask anyone that's not high level to leave. However, I do wanna make sure I'm teaming up with someone that is willing to communicate and somewhat knows their role. However, time after time, you get people with absolutely no idea of the mechanisms just trying to force you to teach them from scratch(on a server that's clearly called exp farming;-;). Even more often, there is this one guy who doesn't speak at all and chooses "random" as their character and you can do nothing about it.

Come on Klei, the need for a vote to kick button is so obvious. Make it happen, please.

At first I too thought a kick button for Forge type events would be a good thing. But how easy would be to abuse that? I think, based on how the kick option was in general DST prior to the time-survival condition, is easier to make a new pub/lobby than having a bunch of trolls just randomly kick people for "sh|t and giggles".

PS: one way to minimize faulty team composition is that you, as the pub maker, pick your character last; this way you can ask (politely) people to choose something else if their option seems bad/trollish before auto-start. Usually they conform to instructions. And when that wild le troll appears and just sits there silently/not conforming, make a new lobby - he/she will probably afk or troll (pick gear of other classes, spam emotes and not doing a thing, etc) anyway.

I'll just repost that here

also, one host abuses it, people leave and find a better host. People coming that won't leave? There's more than only one to get rid of.

I don't think the "it can be abused" is valid since not being able to kick IS being abused

In case you don't understand it : 

Kick function only requires to find one nice guy(host), without it, you're forced to have 5 nice guys.

On 11/17/2017 at 6:57 AM, orian34 said:

I'll just repost that here

In case you don't understand it : 

Kick function only requires to find one nice guy(host), without it, you're forced to have 5 nice guys.

That sums it up nicely. Sure I can hold last pick, but a troll can do that too. Then I just spend another 20min waiting for a full team after being forced to abandon my previous server, only to have it ruined by yet another troll. 

Yeah this happens way too frequently... a vote kick button is in high demand; or at least a button to invite a selection of players from one server to another so that you can continue your game with the fun members of the group. Recruiting an army via steam friends is really awkward.

Archived