Split screen lag

Soo I hit day 800 by myself without any friends joining throughout most of the time, then recently I’ve tried playing split screen with a friend and it just does not happen at all. It’s just a constant walk in place lag, attempting to pick something up multiple times before I actually pick it up, fighting anything is absolutely out of the question. I noticed it’s not just a certain part of the map either it’s everywhere, even in empty biomes. Anyone have any tips on fixing this? If there’s anything I can do or is that just what happens when you get this far?  

4 hours ago, P13R4T said:

Mine isn't that bad, but my wife and I are on day 680+ and I've noticed an increase in lag, last night especially. It was our server, not a dedicated one...don't know if that matters

When I play single player there’s not much lag at all other than when going from night to day, but as soon as I have another player join it’s almost impossible to get anything done. It’s sucks cuz Iv put soooo much time and effort into it to not be able to have people to join my game because of lag 

And here I thought it only happened to my ps4. Lag always happened everytime I tried to play split screen. Grabbing things, opening chests, even cooking is a pain. Let alone trying to fight something. My niece had to log out every boss fights, which sucks a lot, since she can’t join in the fun. Hope there’s something that can be done to fix this. *crossfingers*

Archived