How to ged rid of germs on seeds?

I may have a problem with food poisening germs in my colony. I have lots of them in my water but I now I can get rid of these by boiling the water. But I also have some germs on seeds and on my plants. How do I get rid of these? I can't boil these obviously and I can't find another way to kill them. I read something about disinfecting the seeds but how do I do this?

Bleach stone doesn't directly disinfect, but it will produce chlorine gas periodically. That might indirectly result in killing the germs whenever the chlorine happens to occupy the tile that the storage compactor is in, but it would quickly drift away and you'd have some chlorine in the environment to deal with.

The simplest solution is what Risu said: just fill a hole with some chlorine gas and put your contaminated resources down in it. This is the method I use whenever excavating slime biomes and it works great, but the chlorine is unbound, so you need to be careful to keep it contained.

I've experimented with a resource decontamination chamber in the past. Hopefully its function is evident by the blueprint:

Decontamination.thumb.jpg.c7a199e833d3a78c89ec017d4439d9fa.jpg

Ideally you'd want to use high-pressure gas vents, but they increased the crafting requirements and I don't have them available in this screenshot.

Archived