Wickerbottom feedback

Lumina

Hi,

So i played wickerbottom and have some feedbacks.

First, the book :

The main problem i have with the book is that the petrifying skill is often useless. I explain : the skill itself is great and can give you free time with trapped enemies.

But often, there is what happen : i petrify the enemy, and an ally attack with a special attack/a staff/a dart at the same time, so petrification is gone and did nothing.

Of course, the book isn't great for damage, but it's ok.

Second, Wickerbottom and the healing staff

I have a lot of fun playing Wickerbottom with the healing staff. It's a ranged attack, the skill is useful for healing ally and put monster to sleep so you have various option to do something fun with it.
But you can't always obtain the staff, because some others players can want it to. And without a staff, Wickerbottom feels a little useless for me, for reasons stated above.

Suggestions :

- Allow the petrifying skill to have another effect. Minor damage (5) for enemies in the area, or a great decrease in defense if they are attacked.

- Allow the drop of others books. Will be great for Maxwell players too, and help solve the problem of multiple players wanting the staff. It's not bad if the book isn't as great as the staff as long as players can feel that they are improving and can be useful.

Note : i'm around lvl 5-6 at the moment. After the first tries, most of the time my team is reaching the phase with

Spoiler

two boarilla at the start and various monster coming over time

I play only with random players. This is to give an idea of my skill and experience so people could have a better idea of what i saw of the game (like, i don't know, maybe you have a wonderful book in one of the phase)

This is more of an infantile problem. If your team isn't foolish in this instance they should have already designated a healer in the lobby and that healer would be using a character fit for it. If for some reason you're still playing Wickerbottom when you know you aren't going to be healer, use the Infernal Staff as that is Wickerbottom's other specialty.

If you can't use that either just use the petrify tome. If you cast it on a mob that's in the fray of course it's going to be hit by some player. You need to petrify mobs on spawn or when they are isolated from the group. If players still attack the petrified enemies, infantile problem.

Wickerbottom is fine it's the players that are being abrasive, any game with a high difficulty that demands team coordination is going to be a mess when you are in the lobby full of idiots. If the developers were scared of a team of six fighting over two staves because every child wants the golden stick for themselves, they wouldn't have put only two staves in to begin with. You're meant to be decisive and coordinated with how you play just like in the actual game, making it any more lenient in that regard would lower the challenge. But this issue should diminish overtime the more players become experienced on average with the mode.

Petrifying book shouldn't be nearly useless in some situations just because people will have to attack the enemy.

The healing staff prove that you can have an effect (putting enemy to sleep) that is still useful even when others people attack (because enemy could sometime return into sleep state) so one attack happening at the same time than the use of staff is possible without making the staff useless on enemies.

I also disagree with your opinion about problems being because of "idiots", or being "infantile". Having some flexibility in the game is an important part of fun, especially if the purpose is to offer a challenge that players want to do again.

Archived