How and what port to open that would show ping in ubuntu?

the cable is directly connected to the port
created a pppoe connection
launched Dedicated Server
how to properly open the port, so that the server ping was visible in the general list? now "???"
need to open, only udp or tcp too? to use "input", "output" or "forward" at the opening of the port?

command "iptables -I INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 10999 -j ACCEPT" is true?

please, help

The unknown ping is a known issue. You can try to open the UDP port 10999 as described in this thread: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/45352-is-there-a-solution-for-showing-my-ping-when-i-host-a-server/

If that doesn't work for you (and it doesn't work for everyone) I'd say you just have to deal with it. It shouldn't affect your gameplay though.
Also you can always check your momentary and average ping while playing by pressing the backspace key on your keyboard while being logged in and look on the bottom right corner of your screen.

if I pull the port through the router, then ping is visible
but if I connect the cable directly to the computer, how do I properly open the port to show the ping in ubuntu?
it should be only the 10999 port or "master_port" specified in the "cluster.ini" of dedicated server?

my server is at the bottom of the list due to the fact that his ping does not work
in ubuntu I opened all possible ports through commands:

iptables -A INPUT -p udp --dport 10999 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p udp --dport 10999 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -p udp --dport 10999 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 10999 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 10999 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --dport 10999 -j ACCEPT

no result

13 hours ago, kecapb said:

if I pull the port through the router, then ping is visible
but if I connect the cable directly to the computer, how do I properly open the port to show the ping in ubuntu?
it should be only the 10999 port or "master_port" specified in the "cluster.ini" of dedicated server?

If you want to see your ping you have to open the port in your router as well as you did. And aparently that worked for you. You can't just bypass your router for data transfer by some Ubuntu configuration if that's what you are trying. Besides, If it already worked there, why not leave it at that?

Archived