World Not Loading

I'm not sure if I should put this under bugs, but my world isn't loading. I hit a rollback while in the caves/ruins and whenever it tries to launch its says "Connection Failed Something Went Awry Try Again Later". Or something like that. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I really don't want to lose this world.

I had this same problem trying to get online today. The world I was using was 65 days in, and when I logged off last night, I was also in caves. Maxwell mentioned the cave collapsing in just before i logged off, meaning when I was to log back on, I would have to watch out for falling boulders. I'm not sure if that is prevalent, but I had never logged off while boulders were falling before, and maybe it would be important. It was day 65, and now I cannot rollback before this day. Instead, the world's rollback page has 5 copies of day 65, and empty data before that.

I had some mods turned to minimum settings to manipulate boons in the overworld, but nothing to add items or characters or such, and the mods have said they do not encounter these bugs. I have tried turning off all mods at once, and several combinations of different mods together, in case any of the mods I had on were necessary for a correct load file, but nothing has changed.

Just before loading my world, I had tried to turn on a Discord overlay on Don't Starve, and had turned it off since, thinking it couldn't be certain that nothing I was doing was causing these issues, but no matter how many reversals of conditions I have tried, there have been no changes. The only condition that seems similar is being in the caves, and although Glommerhugger didn't mention the same condition of a cave-in like I had encountered preceding my last game session ending, I feel since that is the only memorable condition I cannot affect, it may be the culprit. I am not sure how I can fix this issue, if at all, but I was very lucky in this world gen with placement of boons and my luck with the way everything had turned out up until this point. I really hope some update will be able to reverse whatever went wrong in my save world :(

until the next few updates, i may keep this world, see how it fares. But I really don't want to have to start building a Christmas town world all over again :'(

Archived