Suddenly people started having game freezes on my hosted server

Everyone that joins a server hosted by me have game freeze and cant move or do anything, yet animations still going. Everything was good, there was no issues, but one day it happend and now they cant play.

What can I do to try eliminate this issue? 

It is not caused by mods, i already tunred them all off and issue still persists

When players basicially get stuck, but the animation still continues the client didn't freeze. It was just waiting for an answer from the server. I'd assume either your Pc/Server/whatever you are hosting it on is overloaded occasionally (For example due to too many items lying around, entities like animals existing, etc.) or your internet connection got worse for some reason.

Do you host a dedicated server or a client hosted one? If it's a dedicated server do you host it on a different machine than you are playing on? What Operating System are you using? All these things might help to track down the cause of the issue.

I dont use dedicated server. Its just my pc that i play on. The issue happens even on new worlds, hence i woldnt think it is bc of too many items. Everything was all right, when suddenly it happend. I did not change my internet connection, i double checked and DST is not blocked by my firewall, I use windows 7.

I may have change some settings on pc in general prior to this issue since i was having issue with other game, and devs sent me instructions how to fix it. Fix failed so i reverted all the steps. I am sure i did it correctly, however I do not have system restore point enabled on my pc. The procces is called "Clean boost".

First of all it's a clean boot, not clean boost :p
Not sure why it would've suddenly happened. Have you checked your connection speeds and latencies? You might not have changed anything but your provider might have. Or the company your provider rented the network from.
Otherwise You might wanna try hosting it on another machine. Client hosted servers are known to be a bit more laggy than dedicated ones, which is also why the client hosted servers are limited to 6 players by default, where as the dedicated ones go up to 64 players, because the game and the server usually run on the same thread. What you can try is to run the renderer on a seperate thread. To do this go into your steam -> right click on DST -> settings -> startup parameters and add "-threaded_render" without quotation marks.

I hope One of these solutions helps. :D

On 7.10.2017 at 7:33 PM, Daniel86268 said:

What you can try is to run the renderer on a seperate thread. To do this go into your steam -> right click on DST -> settings -> startup parameters and add "-threaded_render" without quotation marks.

This didnt worl :./

3 minutes ago, Daniel86268 said:

Then I guess you have no other chose but to try if a dedicated server works better, unless you want to start some indepth debugging what causes the lag.

Isnt dedicated server a paid service?

Just now, Parusoid said:

Isnt dedicated server a paid service?

Only if you rent a company hosted one. You can also host one from your PC as well (If it's powerful enough). Just take a look at the pinned messages in the dedicated server discussion for some nice quick setup guides and solutions to possible issues resulting from hosting and playing on the same machine:
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/83-dont-starve-together-dedicated-server-discussion/

Archived