Jobs - fabricating checkbox

Please make a checkbox for fabricating in the jobs list.

Perhaps make the refinery and other buildings that are operated have an allow list for dupes who can work on them.

I am trying to control who works on the refinery and realize I cannot...

Or am I missing something.

Wait a minute - I will just use a door :D

This isnt to take away from your idea, but if you need a solution in the mean time you can use doors with access restrictions.

Regarding the addition to the jobs tab I am of two minds. On the one hand I thought the jobs list is getting kind of bloated and maybe it can be combined with a tinker job like compost. But this would make things harder to explain concisely on the tab and create potentially undesirable linkages the would require doors with access controls to remedy.

On the other hand, the jobs tab risks becoming REALLY bloated and unwieldy.

2 hours ago, Whispershade said:

This isnt to take away from your idea, but if you need a solution in the mean time you can use doors with access restrictions.

Regarding the addition to the jobs tab I am of two minds. On the one hand I thought the jobs list is getting kind of bloated and maybe it can be combined with a tinker job like compost. But this would make things harder to explain concisely on the tab and create potentially undesirable linkages the would require doors with access controls to remedy.

On the other hand, the jobs tab risks becoming REALLY bloated and unwieldy.

I agree with you on the bloated issue. They could combine all production on Tinkering (Fabricate, compost, hydrofan, toilet). But still doors are nescessary. And they work great :), I thought of it about 10 minutes after first posting :?. The same with food. They could group it so -3 all together and so forth. If you have 10 dupes, you got something like 200 checkboxes. Very hard to navigate. Hope they simplify it later on. Take a look at what people actually use and throw the rest away :). Gotta say I really enjoy this update.

Disease can be made hard enough to be fun and you can hunt for oil :).

Archived