Open/Closed door/trap based on Power/sensor ON/OFF

It would be great to have a door/trap that could be open and closed based on electrical current. This way you could have say a water collecting basin with a door and once the water reaches a specific pressure the trap/door would automatically open allowing it to empty out. Especially useful for preventing your water from leaking into your colony.

This could simply be added to the current automatic door, adding an option for "sensor set" or something.

Other uses could be for cooling/heating gas, once the gas reaches a certain pressure or temperature the door would open allowing it to vent.

Would be a simple and great addition 

Thoughts ?

2 hours ago, Destructix said:

Other uses could be for cooling/heating gas, once the gas reaches a certain pressure or temperature the door would open allowing it to vent.

This is already achievable with a pump, a Filter, and an /Temperature Switch, Its a round about way But you have the Thermo Switch Set to what you are wanting (45 Degrees for instance) When the gas hits this, the Switch will power the filter which will clear any backlog in the pipes until the air is colder than 45 degrees or there is no more air.

Obviously the beggining air will be a different temperature, Maybe make the tiles out of something other than abysallite so that the pipe and its contents heat up, and after they pass through the filter have the pipes made out of abysallite so they do not lose temperature.

But I do wish there was a simpler way of doing it

True, you can do it with pumps and filters, but it's a longer more power hungry option.

With a door that just opens up, you get rid of that extra pressure or water quickly. I tend to try to use "gravity/ gas weight" more than pumps to get things moving around my colony since I tend to always have issues with power :$

A simpler way would be great :)

Archived