Xbox One pre-order deal?

So on my Xbox One, I am seeing a deal for pre-ordering Don't Starve Together, normally $14.99, but a limited time deal for $4.95. I made a couple post on forums about this deal, as well as telling some friends about it. I own the original, I am also a Gold Member. Now, the problem I am seeing, some are saying they are not getting the deal. Some own the original, while others do not, and some are Gold Members, while others are not. It seems hit or miss for them, it's either there or it isn't.

My question is, what is giving the discount for this deal? Is it Gold Members? Original owners? Limited to the US or something?

12 hours ago, Lumina said:

Having DS on Xbox i think.

I originally thought it was just a deal for Gold Members, but on the forum post I made on Gamefaqs, several poster started to say that they didn't have the deal and they started to assume that it was only if you owned the original Don't Starve. However, a few post later, people who have both Gold and Don't Starve are not getting the deal to show on the Xbox One Store or when signed in on the Xbox's webpage store page. This is why I came here to see if the developers or anyone else knew what the deal was coming from.

After talking to a couple handfuls of people, either from different forums I posted the info to or from my friend's list, it seems like nobody can pinpoint the deal. Some have gold and own Don't Starve, but do not see the deal. Some have gold but do not own Don't Starve, they are getting the deal. Some do not have gold and do not own the original, but they are getting the deal. It seems very inconsistent. Some now are in the US, some are in Canada, but both countries are seeing hit/miss for the deal.

I am actually starting to wonder if it's some kind of glitch in the marketplace... might be a time to just try to reach out to Microsoft to see if they have any answers.

I have the bundle (Giants +Shipwrecked), and I see the regular $14.99 price. I know from two different people that got the sale price. One of them said that they bought the bundle (Giants +Shipwrecked) "on sale a long time ago". The other one said that her boyfriend bought the original game when it came out.

I chatted with Xbox support, and the guy said that they were not aware of any sale. And also that they were not in charge of the price of products put on the Xbox Marketplace. I think this was just a secret sale for people that bought it a long time ago.

Archived