Broken Water flow - Someone Explain (or confirm)

So it seems the new "upgrade" altered flow mechanics, making liquids flow much chunkier. Before this update, my liquids equilibrated on a flat surface relatively quickly with no disconnects from end to end, conserving all mass and distributed rationally across the surface.

But now, I encounter this: water chunks

This is making me extremely frustrated because I am using the flowing liquid to cool. Sometimes the liquid stops flowing and it does not make sense. Liquids should take the bottom shape of the container (in gravity). Instead, I get huge chunks then tiny puddles. The water doesn't combine or flow (as if it is oil and water).

There is fluctuating flow volumes because it channels away water from a geyser. However, I also have a pump that drips water back in case the geyser goes momentarily dry. In theory, there is always flow coming. I constantly have to mop the area to make the liquid flow again.

Anyone else experience this? Klei ELI5, pls?

Water Flow bug.png

9 hours ago, Kasuha said:

This happens when you have single packets of heavy gas (carbon dioxide) floating around in lighter gas (clean oxygen). They get stuck to the floor and don't want to go up to let the water flow. It's not a new mechanic, though.

I have seen this as well. I thought that I had posted here to this already, I would just convert all those tiles to airflow. Mop up first. 

6 hours ago, Kasuha said:

This happens when you have single packets of heavy gas (carbon dioxide) floating around in lighter gas (clean oxygen). They get stuck to the floor and don't want to go up to let the water flow. It's not a new mechanic, though.

Thanks! This was it, a carbon dioxide packet of a mere 30 gram held stuck a 900 kg block of water. Still love the game ^^

Archived