My Hydrogen / Oxygen farm doesn't work.. (?)

Hey guys, I would really like your help :)

I'm trying to create a self-sufficient source of oxygen, but for some reason, my system can't support itself, it just doesn't create enough Hydrogen to keep up with the power demand. 

Any tips? By numbers, it should work :/

Oxy.png

I think you are overestimating efficiency of gas pump. They can't deliver more than 500 g of gas per second. With two, it's theoretical production of one electrolyzer. Also, sending oxygen from the upper pump back to the electrolyzer space when it's already in a pipe is waste of power.

Take a look into this thread for some decent designs:

You need 2 pumps per electrolyzer (meaning 10 pumps with your current setup) to deal with the atmospheric pressure created by the electrolyzers. If you don't pump out the gas fast enough from your chamber, the electrolyzers will stop working because of overpressure.

You'll also need to review your filters setup accordingly (don't know by heart the numbers for them).

@Sanshi85 Here's my go-to design for electrolyzers. After a short period of running, this design will stabilize into a state where hydrogen and oxygen mechanically separate and you only have to pump the hydrogen. Once stable, you don't need to send the pump's output through a Gas Filter anymore. That results in the highest possible amount of surplus power. The downside is you'll never reach maximum throughput, so you need to sprinkle multiple of these across your base.

electrolyzer.thumb.jpg.183da51391b79a084eb5de793245f884.jpg

The other atmo switch next to the Electrolyzer is set to "Below 1600 g." You could possibly get away with not having a power switch and still keep the design stable, but I prefer not overpressurizing my base.

The thread that Kasuha linked also has so-called "Electrowheeze" designs which are similar to this but pull away the oxygen through a wheezewort, achieving more throughput, an oxygen pressure > 2000g outside the electrolyzer and a small amount of cooling. Wheezeworts are harder to come by due to the distance of ice biomes from the start, so the above design might become more popular again in the early stages of the game.

Archived