So, I don't know how to create a dedicated server. even after looking up how to and following the steps on here. I don't know much about computers. and I get confused very easily. I need someone to explain it in the simplest terms as possibly can for me.

Do it for a dummy, yeah?

I think a client hosted server would probably more beneficial for you, if you don't have a solid knowlege of PCs, since not only setting up a dedicated server requires some knowlege, but also maintaining and modding it as you wish.

Please don't take it personally, it's just that a client hosted server is much easier to handle in most regards, and for most people enough, since many people don't host for more than 6 players or with more than two parallel shards (parallel servers that interconnect to another and allow for players to switch between them), like Overworld+caves+another custom shard, which is even more advanced to set up.) Also I wouldn't recommend someone without major IT knowlege to host a dedicated server for a bigger group of people than 6 and/or maybe even for 24/7 anyways.

(Or you can just buy a ready to go one from a hosting company that manages it for you, maybe even with graphical interfaces.)

Good luck finding a way to host your server that fits your desires and needs. :)

Archived