Question: I understand that heat transferring upwards is already implemented in a very rudimentary way, but will this game ever see hot air rising?

Hot Air: It's not a "must have" thing for me (it would really make me have to rethink my base design) but any scientific accuracies that can work with the game are welcome.

Hot  air does rise, and cool air falls.  If you look at the thermal overlay you will see a streak of hot rising from something that is hot, it is very noticeable with a heater.  The same goes for cool air, if you have a vent that is putting out cool air, you will see a downward streak in the thermal overview.

34 minutes ago, Ted n Emily said:

Hot  air does rise, and cool air falls.  If you look at the thermal overlay you will see a streak of hot rising from something that is hot, it is very noticeable with a heater.  The same goes for cool air, if you have a vent that is putting out cool air, you will see a downward streak in the thermal overview.

nope, the air is stagnant, it only moves with pressure atm, hot and cold do transfer/move but the air itself don't move.

3 hours ago, Xadhoom said:

nope, the air is stagnant, it only moves with pressure atm, hot and cold do transfer/move but the air itself don't move.

Yes, in another thread (sorry can't remember where it is) some one explains that heat transfers more readily upwards and cold downwards but this doesn't affect the movement of gasses. If your base was flooded with very hot polluted oxygen, it will not float up like it should.

This now has me thinking what a cluster fack this would be. My methods of dealing with gas would become bunk. I let the hydrogen from my electrolyzer drift up into an ice biome with wheezeworts, but if this was implemented it would fall to my air scrubber

Archived