Is Optimal Temp Range for Plants too Finicky?

I'm having trouble getting my farms' temperature into optimal range simply because of how finicky the requirements are. Well, that and how air's temperature propagates. I've had a situation on my farm where the air's temp was 5-10F lower than air just 2 tiles away, which made finding the right setting for a Temperature Switch involve a lot of trial & error.

I would suggest either expanding the optimal temp range or giving you a partial bonus for almost being in range. Well, that and making air temp more uniform so a 5-10F difference from floor to ceiling wasn't so common.

Plants have their own temperature and that screws up with the temperature gradient around the room. Cold rooms get heated by them, hot rooms get cooled by them. You need to use a kind of air conditioning for the room that will affect the room evenly.

My approach is meandering pipe full of cold hydrogen for cooling as that ensures about equal amount of cooling near each plant. For heating, I install space heaters individually controlled with thermal switches at most six plants apart from each other.

And of course yes, the room needs to be well insulated, preferably with abyssalite (normal tiles are fine). And also preferably contain just one kind of gas to allow further even spread of heat. My favorite is carbon dioxide as it will push any other gas out of the way.

Archived