Wardrobes and other Suggestions

I am about 15 cycles from the 300 mark and couldn't be happier with how this game has been. I'll be excited to see what Klei comes up with next to throw us off our balance :) That being said, I have a few things I would like to see in the game that would make the game more appealing/easier to use.

I would love it if there was a decor item that stored clothes where you could go through, find a dupe, and select what they should be wearing from there. Maybe I am just not seeing something but I have found no successful way to easily manage the clothing in this without dropping it all on the floor and just assigning as need arises (the hard part being clicking the same tile over and over until i get to the clothing I want to use).

I would also like to see the option to have multiple food items queued up in the cooking station set on continual. If you don't have the ingredients for the first option, the dupe will move to the next etc. until they find a recipe they CAN make.

It'd be pretty cool if we could create something along the lines of a net using maybe fiber and a mineral and a cage using metals. Have nets stored in a bin? Then the next time you see a cute little puft or a hatch you would like to take home, you could have a new option next to "Attack" that says "Capture". This would lead to a whole animal husbandry chain of things, I know, but it would be a nice way to simplify things for those of us who get satisfaction from hatches eating the polluted dirt from our outhouses so that we can power the base. Just designate an area with a specific cage (Morb cages, Hatch, etc.) and the dupe will bring the critter to the nearest applicable home.

Strength and learning should also have ways to be honed. I know that learning can be improved by researching but that is only available in such a short window of the game that I kind of disregard it. When i start new games (or decide whether or not to let new dupes into my covetous haven) I will randomize or reject until I find people with high stats in both Strength and Learning because there is no other way of obtaining them.

While on the subject of stats: I think the leveling for creativity needs to be played with because at the moment it feels too difficult to level. I have seen other people build the masterpiece style statues but no matter how many paintings and carvings my little artist does he can't seem to level up high enough to get there. If someone is painting master pieces from the start and making OK statues, then refurbishes your entire base, by the end the statue quality should have improved. In the 60 hours I've played so far I've never had a dupe that could make anything above the Thinker. I guess I could start deconstructing the art around the base and have him do it again but it just feels tedious at that point.

This is a great game and I can't wait to see where things go from here. Thank you for the hard work!

It'd also be nice to be able to copy a layout and paste it. If you have a certain "cookie cutter" format you like for rooms, it'd be handy to be able to have presets that you could name like "Living quarters" that you'd be able to flip horizontally. It'd just save some time.

3 hours ago, Prepostersauce said:

I would also like to see the option to have multiple food items queued up in the cooking station set on continual. If you don't have the ingredients for the first option, the dupe will move to the next etc. until they find a recipe they CAN make.

Yes, PLEASE. Stonehearth - a less brutal town-colony manager - has a beautiful queuing system like this. It also has standing orders for maintaining X of a given item continuously.

I always thought it would CYCLE through continuous production eg. make this than that then that and repeat. Skip if no materials found (or maybe optional if you want to keep ratios).

My biggest gripe for every colony i have 150C+ is that it gets laggy AF because i tend to dig lots and lots of holes that stretch far far away.

Maybe they could get inspiration for optimizations from reading Factorio developer blogs since they go to incredible details of how they optimize stuff and both are 2D games! Pathfinder solved path caching, blocked routes caching, unreachable targets path cache. Entity grouping etc etc, much detail, wow!

Archived