Art for help with coding Creatures/Characters!

doubledelta

I'm attempting to write a mod for DS RoG (possibly cross compatible with DSTRoG if anyone can give some tips on that, I don't play DST often because of bad/often no internet connection, but my friend and I might play together at some point) and I have a few problems.

My first problem is my entity; a companion character that follows one character around similar to a pigman follower. No matter how I try, he crashes the game. I used @Cheerios creature mod tutorial as a reference and borrowed code from the game files(prefabs and brains, plus the mainmod.lua) but he'd either not do anything (his brain probably wasn't working right) or crash the game. The crash screen read something along the lines of "The game crashed last time, check the mod forums for an updated version" and no debug help. I've used the Smallbird code as a base(carefully removing the Teenbird and state change bits, and moving the component info to the (hopefully) right places), and double, triple, and quadruple checked the code. No luck. I'm afraid that I need to alter his stategraph, but I haven't altered the Spriter file to have anything other than 'idle' and 'run'. However I did at some point alter the names of the states (in the spriter file) so I will check thise again. He will (once fully functional) follow one character exclusively, whom I haven't added yet. He only spawns with her, but can interact (talk back and forth) with other characters in DST (hopefully).

The other half of the mod is the two characters I'm having issues with. One is a kind of were/shapeshifter, and the other has a buildup stat(like wetness, but with food and death). The first is Delta, who can turn into an 'energy being'(ups speed and attack, drains sanity, emits light, pauses hunger and transfers health damage to the energy stat) after a button is pressed(I.e. the spacebar, or an on screen button. By perusing the code of the Markimod, I have noticed Wilford has the exact thing I'm looking for, but I'd like to know how it works before I copy paste someone else's work!)

The other, C.I.C.L.O.P.S., has a buildup stat that goes down with time. However, it goes up with food. There's also a meter for this. If it reaches 25%, he warns that the stat is not good to raise, and if it reaches 75%, he explains why. Like the other stats (hunger/health/sanity) the symbol degrades as it goes up.

I'm able to sprite everything myself, but if you have any tips that would be useful as well.

If you can help with coding Delta or C.I., I'll do a digital drawing for you like one of these: (if you help with both I'll do two)

delta_read_discription_please___senpai_a

p_h_o_b_i_a_by_gryphinlover-db6vstq.png

If you can help with R.O.M.(the entity) existing(and moving on his own) I'll also do a digital drawing. If you can help me figure everything out with connecting him to Jinx(the character he's supposed to be tethered to) I'll do two digital drawings (or one small (15-30 seconds) animation or animatic (60-75 seconds))

If you can help me with little bugs or tips, I'll do a sketch/or pencil drawing(depending on how helpful it is)

don_t_starve_jinx_by_gryphinlover-db7t92

the_couch_by_gryphinlover-db7njqt.jpg

If you can help with everything, I'll be willing to do all and any of the above. :'3 I hope this is fair, I haven't exactly looked around to see what others are offering...

I'll credit you in the mod description as well!

PS: in case anyone is wondering, all of the above pictures are of the characters I plan to have in mod.

Very sorry, but nobody can help you unless you post:

- The error log, found by typing "donotstarvetogether" into the windows box and opening log.txt

- The mod file; send it as a .zip through WinRar and people can look to see what code is actually wrong.

Good luck, Mikey99222.

Archived