Move/reposition vs. dismantle objects

Why can't objects be simply moved/repositioned instead of having to be dismantled and rebuilt? Especially for artwork which takes a relatively long time to create compared to other objects but, really, ALL objects, once built, should be movable/repositionable. How hard is it to pick up a painting off the "wall" and "hang" it somewhere else? Or an air deodorizer? Or a freakin' ladder?? Come on...it's not like they weigh THAT much--dupes can pick up ~600kg anyway! A full storage compactor would need to be emptied before moving and some heavier objects could require 2 or even 3 dupes to move together.

It's space technology. All these objects are anchored to the back wall and can't be detached without breaking the object.

The good thing is, you won't lose any materials. Deconstructing a painting will get you enough materials to make another painting from the same materials. And your artist can make exact copy of his masterpiece anytime.

Though I understand wanting to be able to move Items in game, I actually like having to plan ahead on these builds. Making it difficult to just up and move everything is an excellent game choice (my opinion). Though I wouldn't mind a compromise on this and maybe a low small things like paintings and fridges and the like movable, while most of the rest needs to be dismantled, as you get your resources back its not too much of a hardship. Of course it will hurt your time, but this game is all about systems management, time is very much part of that kind of management

Archived