Limit Destruct Similar to Cancel

In my ideal world I could pull the wire out of a wall without destroying the tile and pipes (and the other combinations).  This may be an intended gameplay mechanic as you laugh and watch me take my electrical grid down as I am re-routing my plumbing.  Annoying but fine.

OK that was user error.  It seems to work exactly like Cancel...  Maybe I should sleep more and play this game less but that sounds like bad advice.

Perhaps there is more to this issue.  I rarely destruct so maybe I had an overlay on or there was some other reason the filter didn't pop.  I was having similar UI issues with Cancel but once I figured out I had a power overlay on and this forces the Cancel filter to wiring I was fine.  You can't change the filter ... but its a non-intuitive limitation since the UI doesn't grey the inaccessible options, I thought I had hit a bug and restarted my game to cancel.

1 hour ago, scientas said:

Yeah having the wires overlay automatically pop up if you are deconstructing wires would be super helpful.

It's the other way around - if you switch to wire or pipe overlay and activate the deconstruct tool, you're limited to wires or appropriate pipes. Not sure if it works for other overlays but these three are quite helpful.

13 hours ago, Kasuha said:

It's the other way around - if you switch to wire or pipe overlay and activate the deconstruct tool, you're limited to wires or appropriate pipes. Not sure if it works for other overlays but these three are quite helpful.

That's what I was saying - instead of you having to manually go into the overlay first, choosing deconstruct wires or pipes should automatically bring up the overlay.

I feel the same way. Thought process is I want to deconstruct. Select Deconstruct. What do I want to deconstruct. Wires. Filter on wires. At that point I am always expecting the power overlay to pop up even that I know it wont. But I keep wishing it did.

Archived