.tex File Conversion and Editing Question

Hello, maybe this is a stupid question, maybe not, not I'm going to ask it.

I've had problems for a while now with the adjustment/editing of .tex files.

First, I took mods and renamed everything to the new name of the model, and adjusted the .tex file (by changing it to a .png, edits done in Photoshop, and then converted back to .tex). But after doing this it wouldn't display in the character's hand in game, or on the ground when dropped.

So, to see if it was a conversion error when renaming everything I tried again, this time by using a  mod and keeping the original name of everything. So I took the .tex files, did the same method of editing, and kept the original file name, but it still didn't load in game, still "invisible."

And thirdly,I took a file from a mod, and simple added some bright red pixels on it using the same editing method, and loaded up the game, and even just this made it "invisible," so I'm wondering if there was a conversion error, or editing mistake I made.

I haven't included the files for the mods and my edits because it would be a long list, with explanations for each file and what it is, but I can provide them on request if someones willing to look through the mess that I've made.

So, my question is just this "If I were to use the said method, (.tex to png, png to photoshop, png then to .tex) is there something I'm missing to get it to work? Spriter doesn't seem to be made for being used to make items, and I'm not sure what type of files it takes as an import to use on projects, and I'm not sure if the other Don't Starve Mod Tools are much use for this either (also not sure what BuildRenamer does, as it seemingly doesn't accept any time of file I can find). Maybe these are some dumb questions, but I can't find the answers anywhere, and I keep getting redirected to the same page that has dated links and downloads thats filled with comments discussing that very thing: it's dated. So, any help or answers to these questions would be appreciated, maybe I'm just hopeless."

TL;DR Kinda  rant, not sure if my method of editing is flawed or if I'm missing something when making a new .tex for a mod

Ok, i can't be sure of your method, i don't see anything wrong right now. But i saw some people with problem when converting image before. So try this tool :

Maybe you'll have better result with this. If you still have a problem, them i'm clueless.

3 hours ago, Lumina said:

Ok, i can't be sure of your method, i don't see anything wrong right now. But i saw some people with problem when converting image before. So try this tool :

Maybe you'll have better result with this. If you still have a problem, them i'm clueless.

Tried, but still didn't work, I think I'm going to have to wait until theres a new up to date tutorial on heandslot_equitable creation