Hydra (big electrolyzer)

One day I have opened some major parts of the map, and watched picture of dozens unused geysers, so there must be a solution how do deal with it, and here I'm proposing you one of them, nothing special with simple mechanics, but must works well.

zTLxrAr.png

So, system is build near geyser and using it as water source, then via electrolytes it turn H20 into hydrogen and oxygen which are separated. Hydrogen can be used for purposes of power/cooling, and oxygen can be used by dupes.

Power grid:

bUb3cTS.png

Liquid:

bzp8BJD.png

Gas:

M9kjEUh.png

And heat:

phFQfn7.png

Valves:

7Rb4FIp.png

"<=" means that values must be as much as it can be closer to formula, but not greater. E.g. in my setup W1=2594.7 g/s, H1=290 g/s, H2=79 g/s.

About materials:

gjayArl.png

All solid blocks and pipes are made out of Abyssalite, all wire bridges - Wolframite. Other structures can be made of any suitable for you material.

As you see it's using feature with watering electrolyzers, so they are venting gas where it need to be vented. You will need to drop on each electrolyzer 10 kg of polluted and 10 kg of clean water (if you can, you should drop about 1kg of each liquid, it will give you better heat insulation, in my solution there is about 1 kg of each liquid).

How to setup electrolyzers:

1. Create carcass.
  2. Add some oxygen inside.
  3. Add water.
  4. Build and activate electrolyzers.
  5. Replace left blocks with gas permeable tiles.
  6. Open vents.

UaWgGhL.png

How to setup whole system:

1. Isolate geyser,
  2. Create main box with vacuum inside.
  3. Build all mechanisms, including electrolyzers, tune valves.
  4. Open way to generator and batteries, wait until pressure will be above 1kg then build wall.
  5. Wait until pressure in main area will be about 3-4 kg, activate pump.

Hydrogen is coming out from pipe, at small packets, if you can not deal with all provided hydrogen make sure to create big hydrogen storage for further usage.

OuPpECE.png

And oxygen is using pressure for transportation, so you will need to create gas shaft in order to transport it to your base.

eNj0jIn.png

The results. You receive an autonomous setup which in the best case will produce 2.3 kg/s O2 at +30C and 213 g/s H at +30C. What can provide oxygen for 22 dupes or 30 dupes with diver's lungs and give you constant supply of power 1700 W/s using hydrogen, which also can be used for cooling you generators (you should transfer raw hydrogen via pipes, this way you can create lines up to 8000 W/s).

edit: Oh, I see there may be some problem near batteries, as they are heating too much, so It's better to use there polluted water or reduce number of batteries, 1 may be more than enough (or add wire bridges between generator and batteries), I'll need to create little bit another design, will post it when I'll done

43 minutes ago, ThangLe said:

What wire bridges and left-side water tank do in this design?

And is it still working if right-side oxygen tank leave as opened?

Water and bridges are for cooling generator and batteries, yes it will work if you open oxygen tank (but you need to be sure that there will be no other gasses under high pressure, something like 10kg or more).

On 12/4/2017 at 11:35 AM, PVD said:

Water and bridges are for cooling generator and batteries

How wire bridges can cool generator and batteries . And can you show me how to put that small amount of water in a specific tile ? Also what is the wire connect to at the center of the geyser ?

(Sorry i'm just a newbie)

34 minutes ago, SinnerSS said:

How wire bridges can cool generator and batteries . And can you show me how to put that small amount of water in a specific tile ? Also what is the wire connect to at the center of the geyser ?

(Sorry i'm just a newbie)

Temperature is still hard to understand for me, but in this case wolframite bridges used as super conductor, as wolframite has 15 conductivity and by ?density of the bridge? it will you give some ?conduction boost? of 0.625 ([25 / 600] * 15) which is even more than 1000kg water tile has, but it's only guess, however, what I may exactly say, that clearly wolframite bridges really help, and transferring between bridge and hydrogen is better then between water and hydrogen, so if u are going to transfer heat between water and gas, place bridge to do this (if your construction allows direct contact of liquid and gas, then place wolframite pump or liquid valve, it will be even much better).

In the center of the geyser located pump, it is drawn on the back of the geyser due to the bug.

I guess the most simple construction for venting out fixed amount of water is two valves:

Il5OW6W.png

• Close right valve, open left.
  • Close left, open right.

Each time you will do this it will give you 20kg of water.

Another solution is via loop with division for accuracy.

LRwLHzy.png

You can add more rows to increase accuracy, I think the best is something like

hoIVQPo.gif

Where d is distance to the vent from the system, it may guarantee that you will always have 1 packet there. 

Archived