Mod can't be deleted

I'm not sure if anyone else gets this error, but when I attempted to remove some mods they cannot be deleted. I unsubscribed or tried sweeping to no avail, does anyone else have suggestions? I have also tried to manually delete them but they still show up like this.

Sidenote: I'm not sure if this is relevant, but my friend and I had a similar error and we wouldn't be able to join servers because the mods weren't "updated" so they uninstalled and tried to reinstall but the mod files seemed to be locked and prevented them from reinstalling. My friend and I would attempt to manually remove the game but it stated "you need permission from to make changes to this folder". He ended up installing it into another drive, I did the same but I overwrote the old files with the ones I recently installed in another drive. 

1.JPG

I have had this bug happen recently and its infuriating. Trying to copy my own mod into a different folder and getting an error that I don't have permission to access folders of my own mod. This also prevents them from being updated properly, which is probably why it was saying it was out of date. I looked through so many guides and the only solution I found was to put my computer into some sort of "Safe mode" where all permissions could be overridden, and I just went into the mods folder and deleted the file itself. But after that, you should be able to re-install them and update them normally.

This has only started happening recently. I'm not sure if this bug is a product of the game, the steam workshop, or the operating system itself, but it really should be fixed.

3 hours ago, Serpens said:

See this bugreport and my link there and PeterA suggestion:

Hi Serpens! I don't think the previous thread would have been helpful, because I can delete the mods. The problem now is, that Steam/DST is still registering the mods after they were completely removed. I would reattempt to download them after I delete them but they still show up as corrupted so I'm not sure what to do. 

30 minutes ago, Pikachu0612 said:

Hi Serpens! I don't think the previous thread would have been helpful, because I can delete the mods. The problem now is, that Steam/DST is still registering the mods after they were completely removed. I would reattempt to download them after I delete them but they still show up as corrupted so I'm not sure what to do. 

Did you try the solution
a) PeterA suggested.
b) I suggested with setting the rights for the DST folder?

Just try them, you can't loose anything ;) If they do not work, we know at least fore sure that it is a different problem.