Adding mods and settings the server

Hi all, (Excuse my bad English)

I found this guide: 

I did everything according to the instructions and everything works.

But I do not know how to set the size of the world and caves "large" > "huge"

And how can I add different mods on the server (who are at workshop on service Steam)

Thx help me :p

Glad you solved it.

Regarding mods: you'll need to configure a few more files. First, modoverrides.lua in both the Master and Caves folders of your cluster. This file tells the dedicated server what mods to apply and how to configure them (but not to download them). I strongly recommend you start a new world through the game itself (as if you were to play on a player-hosted world) and configure the mods, then copy over the files to your dedicated server. The other file you'll need is dedicated_server_mod_setup.lua in the mods folder of your DST Dedicated Server installation (not the config files). This will tell the dedicated server what mods to download from the workshop. As you'll see, you can use two commands, ServerModSetup() and ServerModCollectionSetup(). You can create mod collections here.

And a word of warning: the guide you linked in the OP uses the validate parameter when launching the server (the first line of StartDSTServers.bat, step 11 of the guide). Since you're editing dedicated_server_mod_setup.lua, this file will be overwritten whenever you launch the game. Remove the validate parameter from your batch file to avoid this, and back up dedicated_server_mod_setup.lua just in case.

Do let me know if you need further help.

PS:

When I download "mods" and put them into folders manually "*\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\mods" + and do not change the original file "dedicated_server_mod_setup.lua"

mods work but I do not know if they will be auto-updated?

I understand it correctly mods will be updated in case to edit the file "dedicated_server_mod_setup.lua" and use "ServerModSetup()" or "ServerModCollectionSetup()" Yes?

Yes, that is correct. If you copy the mods to the mods folder, they will be available, but they won't be updated. If you edit the lua file, the dedicated server will keep them up-to-date.

If I understand correctly, you want to create new save files that are easily recoverable? Save the world in the current state, say day 10, and in the future recovering that exact same file? I don't there's a function for that, and I wouldn't know how to do it. It's Lua, so there must be a way to do it, though. Backing up the whole cluster folder is the simplest way I can think of.

c_save() creates a new save. This save file is handled the same way as periodic auto-saves or saves on exit. You cannot "name" the new save or make it stand out in any way.

c_rollback() reverts the world to the last save file. c_rollback(1) restores to the save file before last, and so on.

If I understand correctly, you want to create new save files that are easily recoverable? Save the world in the current state,

This is exactly what I wanted :D

PS:

"auto-saving" and " c_save()" stored in the same folder anf file?

Master > (folder "server_temp" and/or folder "session")

Cave > (folder "server_temp" and/or folder "session")

"auto-saving" and " c_save()" rewriting each other? EXAMPLE: (maximum "save" may be limited 10) 8 Normal "auto-saving" and 2 " c_save()" So it may happen that I lose the old backups?

How to apply "c_rollback()" I know the date and time where I wanted to go back

Current time "23.3.2017 19:00" 

I want to go back to example: "20.3.2017 10:00" 

15 minutes ago, Ellie96 said:

"auto-saving" and " c_save()" stored in the same file?

"auto-saving" and " c_save()" rewriting each other? EXAMPLE: (maximum "save" may be limited 10) 8 Normal "auto-saving" and 2 " c_save()" So it may happen that I lose the old backups?

Yes. AFAIK, only the last 6 saves are kept (the most recent + 5 previous rollback states). Whenever you use c_save() or the game is auto-saved or you shutdown the server, a new save file is created and the oldest one is deleted ( c_shutdown() also saves the game). I don't know if it's possible to increase the number of rollbacks kept.

19 minutes ago, Ellie96 said:

How to apply "c_rollback()" I know the date and time where I wanted to go back

Current time "23.3.2017 19:00" 

I want to go back to example: "20.3.2017 10:00" 

c_rollback() only allows for a parameter to go back X save files, so unless you know when a certain save was created, there's no way to do that. (You can, however, go to YOURCLUSTER\Master\save\session\SOMELETTERSANDNUMBERS, where you'll find the savefiles (you can see when they where created) and a KU_XXXX folder for each player.)

The other way to do it is to back up the whole cluster folder whenever you want to keep the current state of the world, and restore it when needed.

In my experience, it's not worth the trouble. Having nicely sorted backups sounds like a nice feature, but you probably only end up needing it if you run an open server with a dedicated player base. Even then, it's easier to have a few trusted admins, maybe some "griefer protection" mods.

Ok, Example: Server running for about a week and play on it only two players.

(The folder structure should look exactly like this): http://pastebin.com/raw/3CGHwAKJ

(Save server) and (Save Players) maximum limit 6 positions that rewriting each other

This is what I understood :D

__ 

The problem is that it seems that the server ("caves" but overwrite "files save") the server ("master" will not overwrite "files save")

http://pastebin.com/raw/twP0ZyLM

I can not find no settings where it would be set for a (caves > "overwrite 6") and (master > "overwrite not")

Yes, that's how it works, though players would only be saved in either the master or the caves server, not both at the same time

I don't know why the master shard is keeping all the saves while the caves isn't. However, this might just be what you where looking for: max_snapshots = 999 (or any other number, don't know if there's a limit) under [MISC] in your cluster.ini. Found it here. If you notice that the caves server doesn't keep all of the saves, file a bug report so the devs can see what's going on.

I have set: 

[MISC]
max_snapshots = 3

When the server off and on (will remain the last 3 server backups "master" and "caves") others are deleted.

But when running server 24 hours "Master" server backups do not overwrite.

Seems that this function checks and deletes backups only when the server starts. grrr :mad:

I'm beginning to be angry :D :D

alainmcd: You're my only chance to solve ;)

Archived