Some Suggestions!

Just some things I think could help smooth the gameplay a bit:

1. Ability to rotate Showers and other buildings that have a intake / oputake.

Reason: Sometimes your pure water is not always on the left and your contaminated water isn't always on the right. Trying to bridge the pipes never works for me, it continues to put water through the outtake into the contaminated water instead of up into the shower. Being able to just flip my shower so the outlet / intake are opposite would solve all this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880697955

2. Customize Duplicate Appearance

Reason: it'd be nice, and give a more invested feeling (to me at least), to be able to alter their hair, skin color, body, etc. Just to either shuffle them or fully customize, even if it's just your first initial 3 Dupes.

3. Have them climb ladders all the way.

Reason: Currently if the ladder is not surrounded by walls on both sides, they will not climb it all the way up. They will climb up halfway, leap onto a spur of land nearby, then leap onto the top of the ladder. It seems easier if they'd just climb to the top of the ladder rather than hopping off onto the nearest land spur and then hopping back on...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880336917

4. Give ability to prioritze Deconstruction

Reason: This goes with #1. As I was fighting with getting piping right, the water continued to pump merrily away while I was trying to get them to go and shut it off or destroy a section of pipe to stop sending my clean water into the contaminated water pool.

5. Have decor expectations rise realistically

this comes in two parts:

A.) Have those with 'high class' skills like cooking, creativity, or learning get the current decor rise with skill up. And have those with lower skills like digging and building get reduced decor expectations per skill up. It makes no sense why my miner suddenly expects fine art, massages, and sculptures everywhere around him because he got better at digging a tunnel.

And:

B.) Have stress actually rise when in a high-decor area after coming in from no-decor. My miners are sleeping in areas with over 60 decor, and getting massages in areas with over 50 decor, and yet they're still at 100% becuase they dug a few blocks in a tunnel with no decor. Decor should rise again when they enter high decor areas, rather than stagnate as it seems to be doing.

I will edit this to include more as more comes to me / i play further into the cycles

Archived