Water Depositing (Transport from A to B)

There should be a deposit function for dupes to carry out. Much like the mop function, you select an area of which dupes should pick up some water. Once the area of water is selected, a line will be tagged to your mouse and wait for you to click on an x-y position. Once done, dupes will carry the water from the selected area and move it to the x-y position that was selected.

"How do you eat an elephant?" A dupe might ask. You tell him, "One bite at a time."

Or just build a water pump in A and connect the pipes to point B and then wait..  it only takes all your time building the contraption and your resources to build it in the first place.. right?  No. I like that idea of water transportation.

7 hours ago, Kruleworld said:

There's been times when i've wanted to be able to collect small volumes of water to add to the colony. ones that aren't big enough to  justify building a pump (which also requires power and pipes)

Exactly.

7 hours ago, PhoViper said:

Or just build a water pump in A and connect the pipes to point B and then wait..  it only takes all your time building the contraption and your resources to build it in the first place.. right?  No. I like that idea of water transportation.

Yes, this problem is the main reason why I posted this. I'm around cycle 55 and the only water left is that for my lavatory and shower system, so I had to go entirely out of the biome, build the pump & wires and pipe connecting, and keep my power stable.

Archived