Weird bug? or am i just doing something completely wrong

I made my own incubated chamber thing that happens to be Pure breathable air. but all of my Duplicates would be holding their breathe while in the chamber like it was not breathable. is this a bug? or did i pull a dumb guy gesture and am just not understanding something? The chamber on the left With ALL BREATHABLE AIR is my "chamber" of sorts. i don't understand what i did wrong.

1.jpg

Hello @Parthanaxx, welcome to the forums!

The way I see it, you DO have breathable gas in the area, BUT there isn't enough breathable gas which is why your dupes are suffocating. Notice the 33.3g (unbreathable) in the tooltip when you hover over the blue tinted tiles. I suggest adding more structures that creates oxygen (i.e. Algae Deoxydizer and/or Electrolyzer) to increase the over all oxygen content in the area.

Do note that the Electrolyzer generates and outputs Hydrogen alongside Oxygen, so be sure to have a way to deal with Hydrogen when you start using the Electrolyzer.

I hope I didn't confuse you further.

I think  so? like there WAS breathable oxygen, but not quite enough for it to be considered "safe"

thank you!  

that's the best run i've had in a while so obviously i have a nice game plan just a couple kinks i gotta work out

man, that's a lot of air scrubber.

you better replace those with some electrolyzer.

and don't forget to handle the hydrogen that will be going up. build some gas pump, filter, and hydrogen generator to consume them into power.

you need at least around 300-400g of gas (at minimum) in the breathable area.

minimum as in, they won't fight oxygen with each other and can breath normally

Archived