Contaminated Oxygen/water...

I just realized something...

Contaminated Oxygen is much much much much much much easier to create than regular Oxygen and the dupes won't suffocate inside very toxic contaminated Oxygen...

(Even though they really should...)

The downside to it is that dupes get sick and stressed, But if the alternative is death by suffocation., It's actually, quite good... As long as they survive long enough for the printer to print a replacement, it's good enough to not lose the game.

Also, if you only get vomiter dupes from the printer and never mop the floor... The contaminated water will eventually well up somewhere for you to harvest/convert.

It's actually the best and easiest way to be self sufficient. With this Mindset, the creatures that create contaminated oxygen and slimes are best source of "oxygen"

Welcome to the forum.

It's something that many people have realized and posted builds of on the forum. I think I was the first to make a morb based build that required you to kill of dupes or fill up outhouses to get morbs but contaminated O2 builds that relied on outside contaminated O2 until they have filled enough storage containers with contaminated dirt from outhouses and slime that they eventually emitted enough contaminated O2 to supply the base certainly existed before I made the mass-murdering of dupes the most popular way to achieve sustainability fast. 

I just make prison cells with only "vomit" stress reaction and no toilets and manual generator. Then i make a room designed to hold slime and pump the contaminated oxygen into the "cells". It works pretty good. Supplies me with energy and contaminated water. Which i just convert to regular water via steam. For food, You can pump any gas into your food room to supply an atmosphere. I'm thinking of pumping all chlorine into it and making an airlock with a gas pump to keep it from moving into my base. Any tips on this? Do duplicants take damage from chlorine?

Archived