Water Generation using Condensation

On Earth, most plants and animals "exhale" water vapor, and water is never truly lost.  Perhaps we should have a way to collect condensation from the air (like a dehumidifier or some form of water condenser)as a way to recover a portion of the used water?  Could add a "Humidity" resource and overlay to show the resource.

The idea of resources being "spent" eternally and never being recoverable / recyclable doesn't sit right with me.  I'm all for ways of keeping the flow going and this suggestion is exactly on point for it.  At the same time this is a full feature on its own and might be worth discussing a more thorough and holistic implementation for it so it sits better with the bigger picture, as the game proceeds forward, out of alpha.

That is actually a good idea as well AlexRou :D

And I agree with you Luponius, there should be some sort of discussion on the topic of resources being completely used and not just transformed into something else... i.e.: algae being turned into slime to be re-used/recycled, water being recovered from the air or by other means.

I understand this is not meant to work fully like the "Real" universe, but a few adjustments in resource utilization such as recovery or recycling should be discussed.

well, humidity could have a huge impact on the game. I had couple of ideas: In very high humidity/heat paintings start dripping down like the "persistence of memory" painting, little bits of water dripping everywhere, coal generators start working slower and has like a steam locomotive effect, plants look really green and have huge leaves,high decease spread rate, little bits of moss start growing on base tiles.

4 minutes ago, mr_anderson said:

well, humidity could have a huge impact on the game. I had couple of ideas: In very high humidity/heat paintings start dripping down like the "persistence of memory" painting, little bits of water dripping everywhere, coal generators start working slower and has like a steam locomotive effect, plants look really green and have huge leaves,high decease spread rate, little bits of moss start growing on base tiles.

or algae growing instead of moss :confused:

9 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Or how about growing algae in water and pumping co2 into it generates oxygen and food.

Maybe the addition of researching actual "Grow Lights" to make it actually sustain itself, otherwise it will die off and need to be replenished?

11 minutes ago, AlexRou said:

Or how about growing algae in water and pumping co2 into it generates oxygen and food.

algae could grow in water but it would produce wet algae and if you wanted to use that to make oxygen it would also increase the humidity thus returning the water it consumed in a very slow way.

Archived