It's pretty hard to fit decorations into working spaces unless you space you're working stations out a lot, so dupes become angry easily, especially those with a high level of creativity. I'd like to recommend, for prolonged times in low decoration, that dupes instead get a bad mood status. This would cause any other grievance to be extremely more liable to cause them stress and would also increase the amount of stress that those gave. Usually other grievances are more able to be taken care of semi easily but decor expectation is barely manageable unless you spend half of your game time reorganizing your facility and making it a palace of decorations.

Also, beds should increase decor, not decrease it. Or possibly add maintenance to the beds that allows you two order your dupes to set all the beds which causes their decor to go up/neutral. I love my bed :D.

It is a fair pain, but it is possible. Take an entire row for example, you can stick a single space between certain items and place a sculpture in there, which has advantages even when unsculpted (+5, same for Paintings).

A nice suggestion would probably be more decor options, such as horizontal paintings (like banners) that would use a 2x1 or 3x1. So long as no graves are nearby, decor can open up a lot more even with small spaces.

NOTE: Placing lights (ceiling or floor, doesn't matter) AND powering them also adds an additional 15 to decor, so this makes great use of 3 high areas when only using two slots (EG: Super Computer is 3 blocks high, but you have a Research Table next to it that's only 2 high)

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Archived