1. be able to box select when prioritizing a area. (it gets tedious when you have to individually priorities each tile when digging or making walls and floors.)

2. be able to quickly move duplicates. ie quickly switch to wasd or a easier way to navigate their menu when you need to move them individually.(this can be helpful when you need to move a duplicate away from danger asap.)

3. more info when one starts. a pop up box that explains more things can be helpful like one that tells you about the overlays and also a option to turn off tips for experienced players since popup boxes can be a little annoying when one already knows how to play.(these popup boxes can appear when you reach the problem so the screen isn't cluttered when the player first starts)

4. more tips that can tell you what you need to do or what you can do to make a machine work.

5.a book or manual in the main menu that tells you a little about each machine, material, creature ect.(a fun thing to do with this is to make it where each thing is unlocked only when you have collected the material, build the machine,  or came in contact with the creature.

6. you can make a leveling system where the harder the level you set it the less tips, popup boxes, and notifications you get. 

7. be able to put back or replace materials you dug. 

45 minutes ago, ms_knights said:

1. be able to box select when prioritizing a area. (it gets tedious when you have to individually priorities each tile when digging or making walls and floors.)

There is a priority function and in the bottom right corner theres numbers you click to move stuff or when doing the action you can click the numbers and all task selected on that number by default are what that numbers set too.

On 3/7/2017 at 7:10 PM, ms_knights said:

Already in the game. Just use the Priority button (up facing arrow) at the bottom right.

The_Fez_Guy, you ninja'd me! :(

8 hours ago, ms_knights said:

3. more info when one starts. a pop up box that explains more things can be helpful like one that tells you about the overlays and also a option to turn off tips for experienced players since popup boxes can be a little annoying when one already knows how to play.(these popup boxes can appear when you reach the problem so the screen isn't cluttered when the player first starts)

I do like the idea of in-game tips and tutorials.

4. more tips that can tell you what you need to do or what you can do to make a machine work.

Like, when you first build, or unlock something, it would say "You just unlocked the XYZ feature! Want to learn how it works?"

5.a book or manual in the main menu that tells you a little about each machine, material, creature ect.(a fun thing to do with this is to make it where each thing is unlocked only when you have collected the material, build the machine,  or came in contact with the creature.

Manuals are cool, but most people ignore them. I know that Plants vs. Zombies has a Zombiepedia or something, which gives you fun/humorous and useful information about new plants and zombies you've unlocked/encountered.  Although I rarely read manuals, I do enjoy an as-you-go reference guide.

6. you can make a leveling system where the harder the level you set it the less tips, popup boxes, and notifications you get. 

I'd love to see an "Easy" setting for folks who just want to play casually and learn the game.  I'd imagine that as fewer consequences, more oxygen to start out with, critters need less oxygen to survive, items cost less resource-wise.  Some people want to just dive in and play normal or hard, and that's cool.  A few clicks and you're done.

I also like the idea of the leveling system, where things start off easy, and get harder.  But it's good to tell players when things are getting harder (sometimes implied [you notice that your oxygen levels are starting to fall], sometimes directly ["Oh no! Your tutorial oxygen generator box isn't enough now that you have a fourth replicant! Guess it's time to build another one. Want to learn how?"]).

7. be able to put back or replace materials you dug. 

I find the whole concept of "sweeping" extremely confusing.  You dig, and the resources just sit there, like in real life. I totally get that.  BUT, if there are idle critters, maybe they should just always be collecting fallen resources and putting them into a box somewhere? Kinda like the food box, but it'd be a resource box. Again, that comes from my Civilization days, where you just expect critters to chop wood, collect it, and now you have wood. (Heh-heh. Wood.)

About the only idea I really like is #5. That is really neat.

On your adjustable difficulty, I think that Klei will go the same way as Don't Starve. With the resources being adjustable in a menu pre-map creation.

23 hours ago, Kael_Rus said:

About the only idea I really like is #5. That is really neat.

I always liked the Zombiepedia.  Less of a reference thing, and more of a humor and exposition delivery system.  I'm a fan of dishing out small pieces (a single screen) of information after a player earns it somehow. Earning, meaning, completing a level, encountering a unique critter or sub-critter, or learning about a new tool. But PvZ's Zombiepedia was mostly just humor.

23 hours ago, Kael_Rus said:

On your adjustable difficulty, I think that Klei will go the same way as Don't Starve. With the resources being adjustable in a menu pre-map creation.

Yup.  I mean, some resources are awesome, and some suck. So maybe an easier difficulty would have smaller pockets of the bad-gas further away from the center, so it takes you longer to hit them?  And although I haven't yet figured out which mineable resources are best/most useful, I'm sure Klei knows, and could shift the RNG a little toward the "more useful" items.  Perhaps increase (easy) or decrease (harder) the number of uses of consumable type items (like the outhouse) before refreshing/cleaning. Maybe more oxygen to start, and more food in the food bins?  It would be somewhat trivial (I imagine) to implement an easy setting.

1 hour ago, Amarand said:

So maybe an easier difficulty would have smaller pockets of the bad-gas further away from the center

If you've played Don't Starve, you know how awesome the startup map customization is.  Might see the same thing in ONI.  Who knows.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:48 AM, Ralphios said:

Did you guys ever play Don't starve??? tooltips???? is for sissies (sorry if you feel offended). 

KLEI is about figuring things out, and this is ALL ALPHA!!ALPHA ALPHA

Yes i agree screw tooltips i find them pretty useless i didnt even notice they were there until i made it to cycle 70

Archived