Ermagerd I want to be able to Fire Duplicants!

As in get rid of one after having accepted them into the base and finding out they are truly inept LOL Someone started a vomit comet and I've been mopping up forever it seems. Now I want to just get rid of them. Can we have an option to fire someone? :D

Why would you want to get rid of a source of free liquid?

Make a small area especially for them, they don't need that much: some mealwood planter boxes to eat, some generators to run, full mesh tiling to collect their output for further processing and some morbs to make somewhat breathable air.

I'm trying to go the no kill, eco route. Obviously this is impossible. It seems to reach a point in every game where everything is going fine and then bam stress vomit piss everywhere. Not the conclusion I want for all my lil colonies. There has to be a way to move past this bottleneck point. Booting useless dupes back to the printer would be a nice option to have. I know there needs to be balance so I am sure the devs can come up with something diabolical to make us pay for rejecting there submissions LOL

Maybe they add in a furnace gets rid of duplicants while "Firing"  them and creates co2 as a consequence.

Basically Cremating them alive.... that's a bit dark but its the only way to get rid of them in a balanced way and while still firing them.

11 hours ago, SorrensSorrow said:

I'm trying to go the no kill, eco route. Obviously this is impossible. It seems to reach a point in every game where everything is going fine and then bam stress vomit piss everywhere. Not the conclusion I want for all my lil colonies. There has to be a way to move past this bottleneck point. Booting useless dupes back to the printer would be a nice option to have. I know there needs to be balance so I am sure the devs can come up with something diabolical to make us pay for rejecting there submissions LOL

I needed a good laugh today.  :)

11 hours ago, SorrensSorrow said:

I know there needs to be balance so I am sure the devs can come up with something diabolical to make us pay for rejecting there submissions LOL

For sure.  You throw a critter back into the replicator, first it kicks and screams and claws at the side of the arch, and when a new one finally comes out, it's A) random, and B) generally weighted toward negative "features" but not the negative "feature" of the original.  You wouldn't want to dump a critter due to vomit, only to have it come out with extra vomit.

Maybe a more humane feature might be to have an in-game box that lets people reduce or remove negative features and/or train positive features?  Like, you go to the gym, and it makes you stronger. If you are a vomiter/pee-er, you could train those away, randomly? I dunno.  I'm sure a certain cross-section of folks think the vomit/pee thing is funny, but yeah, it's fairly annoying when you're trying to focus on strategy and there are bodily fluids everywhere.  :)

Archived