Bug - no directional indicator shown for assassinations

aneis

Issue:

Whether with kbam or 360 controller, I am not presented with a direction when I try to assassinate someone. So with the controller, if I press X to initiate an assassination, I am then shown a yellow X above the enemy, flashing, but with no direction. This happens 100% of the time. I'm left to guess which direction I have to move the left stick to get a successful stealth kill.

I have also posted this at http://steamcommunity.com/app/214560/discussions/0/882963434356057367/

System information:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Intel i5-2500k

AMD Radeon HD 7870 - just updated the drivers today.

Possibly related? I just had to restart from a checkpoint and the screen was entirely black except for the hud. It also did not seem to be taking my input, although I did not think to sprint or jump to see if I could hear those actions. I restarted the level and the problem was resolved. I'm afraid I don't know the levels well enough to describe which checkpoint this happened at.

I can reproduce the above 100% of the time. It happens when I reload from the checkpoint where you receive the objective to destroy the transformer. This game looks fantastic, but between not being able to do stealth kills, and not being able to reload checkpoints, it's unplayable for me =(

Aneis, we got a report about the hud issue yesterday, the team is looking into it. Make sure your directX is up to date. I will follow up when we have more info. I will check with the team regarding the UI issue with kills.

Could you just post a note about this on our forums and please include if you're using mouse + keyboard or a controller, whether or not the controller is plugged in even if you aren't using it, if you've rebound any keys and any other information you think is pertinent, and we'll try to figure out what's going on. Thanks!

Both issues are reproducible with either mouse & keyboard or a controller. When not using the controller, it is not plugged in. I have not rebound any keys.

Thanks Aneis, You have us a bit stumped. Can you do me a favor? Go into steam library, from there right click on Mark of the Ninja in the game list and choose "properties". In there, click on the "Local Files" tab and choose "verify integrity of game cache"After that, try again. We will be looking at things here to see if we can reproduce the issue.