Bugged Chester?

I come out of the caves from mining it to my ROG world, I put the stuff inside him away into chests/fridges. I put his eyebone down. Make some food and to go to Shipwrecked. I jump into the Seaworthy. When I get to my shipwrecked world (I don't have eyebone btw), chester comes running out of the seaworthy with me and is glitched...he keeps running to the edge of the island. Also the stuff he has in him is from the caves (somewhat spoiled meat and tools).

What should I do? Can this be a good thing or bad thing? I can't control him, he doesn't follow me. Is this a known glitch?

This is the first time I've heard of this happening, though I haven't been active in the last few months. But while we wait for people with more knowledge of recent bugs, were you using mods when this happened? if any, what were they?

Are you able to open and close Chester in Shipwrecked? Are you able to examine Chester?

What happens when you go back to your RoG world? Is chester still alive and active in RoG? Though it might be risky to do so, you can try and go back to see.

I can't guarantee that things would be okay, but these are the things I think you would want to test to see help determine what went wrong. Sorry for not actually giving any help.

I went back to ROG and it's still bugged. I have a second chester now that follows me without the eyebone. So I guess that's not bad but I can't use it in SW cause it still just runs to an edge of an island for no reason. I have a duplicate set of worn down tools and a few meats from the caves (small bonus?). I think I saw a video where a guy had two or more chesters, this might be related to that. I can't remember the video or the youtuber. I searched youtube and one guy did a console command for a second chester and put the eyebone near the second chester to follow it. I think console command is too cheaty for me and I'd rather not have this glitch. I don't even know if you could take chester to SW.

I found other threads with the same problem. "Duplicate chesters"

https://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/1wtcls/two_chesters/

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:77134

I didn't die in the caves though. If this continues, I might put green gems and rare items into chester. :\ Pretty sure this has to do with the caves and SW since all the items in duplicated chester were from exiting the caves and duplicate chester spawns in when you go to SW from seaworthy. He might be running to the edge of the island towards Packim's fishbone which I have not discovered yet.

Update:

I went through the seaworthy again and Chester stopped following me to SW. The problem is, the duplicate Chester in ROG just jumps around base and won't follow the eyebone so it's just useless. Worst of all, when I went back to SW and explored --- finally found the fishbone. I have never survived long enough to get Packim. Imagine my disappointment when Chester comes instead of Packim and of course it has the same glitched items from when I left the cave (semi spoiled meat and worn tools). This chester does glitch and walk over water at time and gets stuck then teleports onto land if I go far enough inland. This sucks, I hope they patch this -- I was looking forward to fire packim in the distant future.

Only good thing is I found yaarctopus and wilbur on his raft (gave him the tarnished crown to unlock him).

@Ispin69 you're not able to hit chester now that he's has stopped walking against the sea? If you aren't able to kill off Dupe Chester in SW, try the following console command while you're in the SW world (to open the console press the tilde sign ~):

c_find"chester":Remove()

Make sure you're in SW before you do this, or you'll lose the original Chester if you enter this while in your RoG world.

Hopefully that rids you off that chester and that Packim spawns right after.

40 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@Ispin69 you're not able to hit chester now that he's has stopped walking against the sea? If you aren't able to kill off Dupe Chester in SW, try the following console command while you're in the SW world (to open the console press the tilde sign ~):

c_find"chester":Remove()

Make sure you're in SW before you do this, or you'll lose the original Chester if you enter this while in your RoG world.

Hopefully that rids you off that chester and that Packim spawns right after.

Thanks Zillvr, I'll try to kill chester and hope Packim spawns. :)

Archived