Spoilage staff

Hello! I'm trying to make a staff, that'll spoil food, when used on another player, but I've got some trouble:

1. How to make it useable only on players
  2. It's not working  

Yeah, when it used, character says that he can't do it, and nothing happens :\ . My prefab is here:

staffs.lua

Thanks everyone for your replies! If you'll help me, I can give you Striking Tuxedo!

• Like 1

1. Get entity under your cursor and if it will be player then do stuff which you need. (Point)

2. Get your cursor position and find entities in these position in some radius. Filter these entities and if it will be player then do stuff which you need. (AoE)

7 hours ago, Amalleus said:

1. Get entity under your cursor and if it will be player then do stuff which you need. (Point)

2. Get your cursor position and find entities in these position in some radius. Filter these entities and if it will be player then do stuff which you need. (AoE)

Only problem I could see with the entity under cursor would be if the player is using a controller or if the staff is created like a weapon and you're using Control + F to force attack. AoE would be nice, if it hit multiple targets you could just count the amount hit by it and subtract the staff's uses by that amount, seems like it would be an easier approach.

14 minutes ago, RedHairedHero said:

Only problem I could see with the entity under cursor would be if the player is using a controller or if the staff is created like a weapon and you're using Control + F to force attack. AoE would be nice, if it hit multiple targets you could just count the amount hit by it and subtract the staff's uses by that amount, seems like it would be an easier approach.

AoE will be something like that:

local pt = TheInput:GetWorldPosition()
local ents = TheSim:FindEntities(pt, 4)
for k, v in pairs(ents) do
	--filtering entities by your choise
	--and applying your spell
end

this is in Spell function