Help with power wasted

Pretty confused right now about how much power is being wasted right now. What causes this? I don't claim to know how power circuitry works but I believe this wasn't a problem until fairly recent cycles. At first I thought this was caused by my power switch and/or disabled buildings but even after deconstructions disconnecting the power switch from the main grid I'm still getting power wasted upwards to ~400 kw per cycle.

powerwasted1.png

powerwasted2.png

powerwasted3.png

What's using most of your power are your pumps, and your electrolyzer set-up. Pumps use 240W of power, while dupe wheels produce 400W of power each. Your entire set-up from eye balling it, looks to have a passive power consumption of about 1kW. Since you only have 4 batteries, you'll run out of power extremely quickly. Just so you know, batteries do not leak any power when they're not being used. So, having many many batteries won't have any downsides other than a temperature shift.

Yeah for sure I don't have enough energy production but what I'm really confused about is what power is exactly being "wasted"? Does wasted just refer to the difference between consumption and production? My impression was that wasted power would only be power that's generated in excess, such as when batteries are full or if there are just no batteries.

Archived