Proxy Bases

As the map gets bigger and you expand out, it becomes less and less feasible to travel all the way back to the main base to get materials/drop off materials. Sometimes the dupes would travel across the planet just to deliver a piece of slime. Can we have proxy bases that we can assign dupes to so they don't come back before we tell them to? we can also have our main base dupes resupply the proxy base with food, power, and oxygen.

Yeah most of my time is spent waiting for dupes to walk back and forth between the base and the edges of my expansion. The only way I've found to stop them is to literally lock them up there with an airlock, but that leads to them starving. I hope we eventually get a more robust system to handle this.

In wiggles (game I think is gradfather of ONi) buildings could be "packed" and carried as items.  You could give your dwarfs big backpacks, load full of buildings and relocate prtty efficently. I would love to have similar system in ONI due to speed in which resources beeing depleted. For now I dont see any advantages in one main base.

I'm hoping that at some point there'll be a mechanic where one can assign specific dupes to specific locations to set up a multi-base operation. I think the game would be fine if you could only build a huge mega-base, but I feel that a multi-base ability could open up a different kind of playstyle. 

Well, I guess I could say that I could make a multi-base operation in the current build, but it wouldn't really be efficient and it would also have the proxy problem that you're addressing. 
Perhaps at some point, multi-base encouraging buildings will be added to the game to strengthen the power of multi-bases.

tl;dr Multiple bases are cool and it'd be cool to see more mechanics that support them

Archived